Most attractive tractors of their era?

Cropmaster

Was the Ford 6X (2000, 3000, 4000, 5000) range of tractors the most attractive of the classic era? What about the Massey Ferguson range launched in 1964 (135 etc.)?

Was the David Brown Cropmaster the nicest looking tractor of the vintage era? The Ferguson TE20? The Fordson Major E1A? These are certainly a few of my favourites.

What does everybody else think?

Let the debate begin! :D :D ;)

1910's              Fordson F

1920's              Fordson N

1930's              Case's

1940's              DB VAK's

1950's              Fordson Major

1960's              DB 990

1970's              Ford 9700

1980's              Fiat 110-90

1990's              New Holland 8560

2000's              McCormick XTX

:D;)           

Glad to see you included the DB VAK1/1A/1C in that list Nashmach! I think that the red DB 950/850/880 Implematics etc were among the nicest looking tractors of the sixties.  :);):D

Well I couldn't include any Fergusons or MF's or JQ's  :D :D :D;)

Just look at a Cropmaster's curvy styling and the shape of that scuttle! The VAK1C is probably the most attractive tractor of all time, let alone the vintage era! :D :D ;) Although the Fordson Major is an attractive tractor, I would find it hard to put it ahead of the Ferguson TE20! :D;):)

By attractive I mean appealing to the eye - if purposeful looking tractors appeal to somebody more than old-fashioned quaint little tractors like Cropmasters and TE20's, then such people will be of the opinion that these tractors are more attractive.  :)

That goes without saying Nashmach! ;) Often people argue over which tractor is the best overall - i.e. taking into account the tractor's performance, durability etc. - but which tractor is the most attractive? A vintage Porsche tractor for example was not renowned for its power, but it is certainly a nice looking! The same can be said of the Cropmaster!;)

For 80's Ford TW35's, 90's MF 8130, 00's MF 8480 i like big bold lines and to look purposeful thats why i'm not a big fan of NH's current styling but as everyone says everyone has different tastes

Two of my favorites are David Brown 1410 and the Ford series 10 tractors.

today tractors are designed without corners, i think that a squarer look was more attractive

hear hear spot on mate they're all starting to look the same across manufactures aswell

atleast 60s-70s-80s-and some of the 90s had their own individuality :'(

na,most modern tractors are much the same,well make wise,they do differ brand wise still,but only just

even as late as the very early 90's ever tractor had its own style even within makers ranges, every fergy looked different to the next in the range,and same for fords ect,now its all round and ugly in the case of the tg/t range from nh

be interesting to see what people say as the ones backing the classics arnt my generation so be interesting what mart and luke etc say, dont mean to sound ageist but in my view i prefer similaritys in the brand but they all have there differences like the MF 6497 and 6495 and 6455 normal and HV slight differences but look alot better older ones look all similar to me box shaped :-\  and all similar look at the Ford 10 series and the MF 300 both very swuare and look similar  :-\ and the MF 135 and Ford 3000 simlar shaped bonnets just painted different :-\

be interesting to see what people say as the ones backing the classics arnt my generation so be interesting what mart and luke etc say, dont mean to sound ageist but in my view i prefer similaritys in the brand but they all have there differences like the MF 6497 and 6495 and 6455 normal and HV slight differences but look alot better older ones look all similar to me box shaped :-\  and all similar look at the Ford 10 series and the MF 300 both very swuare and look similar  :-\ and the MF 135 and Ford 3000 simlar shaped bonnets just painted different :-\

I agree the bonetts look simalar especialy the pre-foce 3000 to the MF 135  but only coz of the upper grill