FMC/PMC Pea Viners at work.

AndyB

These are three of our viners at work the other morning - 5am when i start work!!!  The two FMCs are being replaced at the end of this season with two more PMCs like the one in the backgound.  Hope it is of interest, Andy

Superb pics - I'm really getting interested in these Pea Viners now

FP - I don't think there is any actual difference between FMC and PMC, they are the same company, but got renamed for some reason.  Sounds like an interesting set up working all hours of the day but I expect can be a drag for the blokes doing the work.

Joe

Great pics mate, I just love those machines...... ;)

Keep em coming!!

Whats the difference between the PMC and the FMC??

If I remember rightly Ploeger bought FMC hence the P rather than the F...... :);)

This is an FMC

(an "R"-reg from memory)

Sorry, it's the only pic I've been able to get so far this year !

Is that scrapped John?

Great pics mate, I just love those machines...... ;)

If I remember rightly Ploeger bought FMC hence the P rather than the F...... :);)

Is that scrapped John?

it's certainly out of action at the moment mart :D :D

Fully agree, would not have cropped the picture like that though

Whats 'cropped' that is how i took the photo - i am no expert, more luck than judgement!!!

Ploeger did buy FMC hence PMC and yes FP they are very good machines well built and easy to set up maintain etc.  which is a good job because the one Ploeger that we do have is regularly being maintained!!!  The other major reason for us not going for the green and yellow is that they are two harsh on the peas - a lot of damage.  FMC/PMC are very gentle on young peas, which is the quality that we are after.

That R reg photo looks like our old machines do, once we have finished with them they are cut up.

The new PMCs have a Claas cab and auger system as developed by our engineers also auto inflate/deflate tyre systems amongst other minor upgrades.