gggrrrr baby tms new tractor

well got all the moulds made now for the parts on this cab arches bonnet so have got her properly started

my new 690 , running on a mf 595 chassis  which these replaced in real life so its the right size, its sporting a heavly modyfied mf 595 bonnet which has been widened all the wat down its lenght to make it look square like the 600 series bonnets, and unlike my origonal one has now got the right arches to,

loads more to do to it yet, but thought you would like to see her

all being well time allowing i will be doing more to sell at a later point

post-46-132638536896_thumb.jpg

post-46-1326385369_thumb.jpg

well got all the moulds made now for the parts on this cab arches bonnet so have got her properly started

my new 690 , running on a mf 595 chassis  which these replaced in real life so its the right size, its sporting a heavly modyfied mf 595 bonnet which has been widened all the wat down its lenght to make it look square like the 600 series bonnets, and unlike my origonal one has now got the right arches to,

loads more to do to it yet, but thought you would like to see her

all being well time allowing i will be doing more to sell at a later point

And all being well I will be buying one!! Running out of things to say about all your conversions mate. Think I have used the words, fantastic, excellent, wow, amazing, dogs dangleys already. ..

TRIFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

better now Tris ;)

I have some low sided ones on the go..... a bit different to that one though.  ;)

they used to have 3 of these on the farm ,two red and a blue one think they were early  weeks trailers although not 100% sure on that used them for a fair old while until they got the marstons, still kept them for general duties though  , hence why i wanted one ro two ,for my 70's/80's layouts

i have a low sides one for muck carting duties based on the britains drop side animal one, but white metal ,

we had a high side and a low side the extentions where yellow the boss and the old worker used to call them salop trailers it is quit possable they where re badged that name

nice convo sean ive got a JD 3140 without cab if ya ever want to butcher it up and do a floor-pan yer welcome to it  :D;) as i could do with the sekura cabbed DBs & IH s :P

we had a high side and a low side the extentions where yellow the boss and the old worker used to call them salop trailers it is quit possable they where re badged that name

nice convo sean ive got a JD 3140 without cab if ya ever want to butcher it up and do a floor-pan yer welcome to it  :D;) as i could do with the sekura cabbed DBs & IH s :P

very mate, they had all 3 right up till the farm was sold of, used them for storeing grain in for chicken feed, would fill up all 3 sheet them over and park them at the rear of the dutch barn, just drag them out and tip a bit as and when it was needed, they did a good 20 years service from memory,prob a bit more, seem to remember a metal oval shpaed badge on the front headboard of them if thats any heklp, the lowsided one they used for pig meal had the same and that was a vicon trailer from memoery

very mate, they had all 3 right up till the farm was sold of, used them for storeing grain in for chicken feed, would fill up all 3 sheet them over and park them at the rear of the dutch barn, just drag them out and tip a bit as and when it was needed, they did a good 20 years service from memory,prob a bit more, seem to remember a metal oval shpaed badge on the front headboard of them if thats any heklp, the lowsided one they used for pig meal had the same and that was a vicon trailer from memoery

on our high sided one we had a chain to hold the left and right hand lower wooden hinge sides the top fabricated steel sides had a bar that droped onto two holes welded on the  inner side's of the "top steel side's "To stop it from belleing out also we had to jam in bits of paper sack in gaps all around the trailer to stop the grain leaking out  :D;D it had a yellow chassis and yellow steel greedy sides (if you wanna call them that)

side by side ,looks like you'll have to call the new one a 698, here's a pic for finishing her if you need it this is one i used to drive at Cricket Malherbie Estate, it was well knackered when i had it , but managed to sort of tidy her up, but hydraulic failure was her downfall, used to do 90% of all fert spreading, but on a steep hill when turning to go back down the lift arms used to drop & the PTO would stop >:( managed to re-route all the cab electrics into a single feed to a crocadile clip & clip it onto the alternator , it was a C reg so it was before the adjustable steering wheel was standard fitment , the rubber cab mountings were shot , so it was a very noisy & harsh ride , not the best i've driven , but used it to spread fert on some of the steepest slopes on the farm that wern't usually done & when hauling maize ,it never got stuck once , although the massy 100 tanker did cause it a few problems , when spreading on steep maize stubble when it was wet, it was also the hedge trimming tractor , it was later replaced with a 698T 4wd , which was as new  :) :), in the end i'd rather drive the 698T than the 3080 for many jobs ;)