What was the first tractor you drove?

JohnDeerePower

What was the first make of tractor you drove feel free to say wht it was to   

77 members have voted

1. 1. What was the first make of tractor you drove feel free to say wht it was to

• John Deere
    • Fendt
    • Ford
    • New Holland
    • Massey Ferguson
    • Cat
    • Case
    • other say what

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that with the changeover that it has been difficult to search for older topics within the Forum.

I may be giving my age away but the first tractor I ever drove, or at least remember steering from my Fathers lap, was a David Brown 30D. However I did learn to drive the same tractor when my legs were long enough to reach the clutch and brake pedals.  I passed my tractor test for the road, at the time, on our then brand new D.B. Selectamatic 880.

john deere 2130 if i remember correct. Was instructed to drive straight till i reach the end, my dad climbed on the trailer and started throwing fork fulls of muck across the field :D

My own grey fergi TEF with a cracked liner , had to drain the water evey time it was stopped.

When i was 8- Undersupervistion

Or if you could compact/lawn tractors  a wheel horse when i was errr dunno but before the fergi ;):)

i learnt to drive on a mf 3080, was new at the time, ive driven most makes of tractor over the years, mainly mf and jd the most working but other makes at yfc tractor driving comps etc

also driven many vintage types, was on a mf 135 today ;)

worst modern tractor to drive had to be a landini ::)  im a big jd fan but im very impressed with the new mf 6480, there great to drive

i can't remeber ha ha!

it was either a TEA20 or iseki 4451 or 7000

first off farm paid job i drove a iseki7000, fiat 70-66Sdt......was the main tillage machine, then that was replaced with a same silver 90

didn't get to drive tractors that you guys consider mainstream until later

When I was old enough to drive on the farm we had an International 523 agrimatic with loader, a zetor 6711, 2 ursus C385's, and a Massey 1200. after much thought and asking dad we came to the conclusion the first one I drove may of been the zetor with chain harrows on. This took place 20 years plus ago so we could be wrong. I ended up driving all of them within a short time. 

the first tractor i drove was a massey ferguson 35 when i was seven years old, the first tractor i did any proper work with was a david brown 1210 carting grain with a 8 tonne trailer converted from an old bedford lorry :)

I think the first tractor I drove was our little Ford 1910 with a Lewis power loader on it.... I could be wrong though, I started when I was 6 or 7 and memory is fading, so it could also have been a Lambourn cabbed 135 or our old Dexta. Looking back now that seems a bit young, but when I look at my 6 year old daughter tazzing around on her quad bike and driving the cars and tractors around the fields now it doesn't seem quite so bad  ;):D

The 1910 makes sense though as it was the easiest to drive.... can't think the old man would have let me out on one of the older ones as a complete novice unable to reach the pedals while sitting!!

By 8 I was doing the weekly saturday morning cattle yard clearance which was just fantastic, loved that job!  ;D