Rice Harvest 2006 Pics (More Pics added)

DPH

That long rod on the back of the 4755 with the blade was being used to help repair that green cart.  When I got there the axle had broken off of it, and the stinger on the back of the 4755 was helping hold it up along with the jack.  We use the blade to knock down the levees to make crossing easy.  Even with such a small cart, the stx still strained a little in all that mud. ;D

interesting pics is the stripper header used alot for rice?

great pics dave, can honestly say i never knew rice was cut with a combine? another new thing lernt

ive noticed the settings for harvesting rice in operators manuals before but never paid too much attention

interesting pics is the stripper header used alot for rice?

ive noticed the settings for harvesting rice in operators manuals before but never paid too much attention

We've been using the stripper for about 15 years or so.  Not exactly sure, as long as I can remember, but the majority of farmers use drapers or regular rotary headers.

outstanding pics as usual david , always good to see whats going on over your way, is it just the one combine you're running ?

you said earlier in the year that it's been slightly wetter now than most years , have you had any serious problems with the harvesting , & i thought the norm for you guys out there was to put duals on the harvesters but i see you have wide chunkers on the deere any reason for this ?

outstanding pics as usual david , always good to see whats going on over your way, is it just the one combine you're running ?

you said earlier in the year that it's been slightly wetter now than most years , have you had any serious problems with the harvesting , & i thought the norm for you guys out there was to put duals on the harvesters but i see you have wide chunkers on the deere any reason for this ?

Actually, with the rain, we are getting back to the the norm.  During the summer, we tend to have a shower everyday.  Haven't had too much problems, except the other day when the axle broke off of that green cart.  That was the same axle I broke on the same cart 4 years ago, and that makes the third time we've broken that axle all together, all in the same field too.  We either put skinny duals on the combine, or we put those big mud hogs on them.  It seems that this combine does better with the fat singles then the 2388 did with the skinny duals.  Yes that is the only combine we've got running.

These are some pics my sister took out of her front yard in Branch, LA.  Some of them have a glare when the sun came out.  Looks like another 9660 with a 30' header.  Never seen a cart like that but it was hooked to a 9320.

P8160020.jpg

P8160021.jpg

P8160016.jpg

P8160012.jpg

P8160018.jpg

P8160013.jpg

P8160011.jpg

P8160010.jpg

P8160017.jpg

P8160009.jpg

P8160007.jpg

P8160006.jpg