Dramatic Settings For A Fendt Drilling Stubble Turnips...

Powerstarâ„¢

It had been chipped along with the other 6610, the new 6920s has been chipped to 200hp.

Just to clear up any thoughts you lot were having.

Cracking pic Luke  thanks for posting them.

No problems Scott, I enjoyed taking them.

good pics luke mate, ,have you had many storms up taht way, we havn't had a thing down here,

We've had a lot of storms, not much thunder or lightning just seems to be odd rumbles normally fairly loud.

not again :D :D

nice pics Luke  :) :) :)

Cheers Phill.

I did think that unless its been tweaked, other wise there could be a smell here which you know too well at the minute Colm........ :D :D :D :D ;)

No it has been chipped, contractors don't really run tractors standard, thought you would of known that by now, not worrying about handing out computer certificates awarding numpties ::)

How many HP does that drill take flowerstar??

Does it need to be a special kind of drill for that kind of work??

I ran a MkIII  4 &3/4" Unidrill between '81-'98,18 row & the power they require varies according to soil type, moisture & gradient. The biggest problem is not having enough traction as divots loosened by the tractor tyres soon build up in front of the drill coulters & then they bulldoze. A vicious circle soon appears  as this not only makes it more difficult to pull & hence more divots but as you dig deeper so the drawbar level sinks making all the drill coulters dig in more! So one had to be really hot on feathering the spool valve lever to raise the drill a tad without losing seeding depth.

The coulters actually need to cut deeper than the seeding depth as the seed is pinced part the way up the sidewall of the discs incision so the machine needs a great deal more pulling than conventional drills apart from the extra heavy build of it to be able to direct drill into permanent pasture in the middle of summer, which it can do very well.

100hp 4wd with powershift is minimum requirement really for most terrain. I have drilled at 13mph with 2wd Ford 6600 into spring barley stubble or been dragged down to 3mph up steep permanent pasture with 110hp 10 series engined safety cab 7600  with Schindler 4wd sporting all new radials allround in July, at that time of year you have to drill deep to find the moisture!  The one in the picture is a later model and probably 7" row spacing which is easier to pull.

I forgot to add that my Mk III only sowed 8' 3" each pass, the one in the photo would be 3 metre. I still managed 44 acres one day sowing rape & turnips into permanent pasture in 3 fields with the 6600 at about ?20 /acre (early 90s...' shame jobs like that were rare).

Mostly in the south,when I lived in england I used to collect old pottery from devon and cornwall,Watcombe Pottery mostly must be worth a mint now,last time I was there I visited some of the pottery sites they were just ruins,boy did those old boys make some lovely stuff