Ford 6610 - Opinions on this one Please......

NewHolland2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look too bad but for the price its a bit dear looks like its done quite a bit with the amount of rust on the grab handles which might mean it was laid up for a while :(

No loader though Mart so its not 100% ideal - always better to get it with a loader than spending time looking for a suitable loader for it as they are difficult to find :(

Martin... I miss-read the title... I thought it said Onions please...  :-[ - I've posted them now as well  :-[

Seriously though... Does look a tad over-priced to me mate in all honesty... what you need is a "one lady vicar owner" tractor with low hours that has been stored inside a church all it's life  ;)

This one looks like another bargain, and it comes with a 7610 engine...... :o;) ;)

http://www.gmstephenson.co.uk/showpic.php?id=503&pic=1

for the same price, get this one ;) ;)...............unless its a typo :-\ ::)

it looks better, is a better colour and Marky can service it

http://www.gmstephenson.co.uk/showpic.php?id=514&pic=1

for the same price, get this one ;) ;)...............unless its a typo :-\ ::)

it looks better, is a better colour and Marky can service it

http://www.gmstephenson.co.uk/showpic.php?id=514&pic=1

no thats about going rate ben, see loads of 36 series fergys arround for sale arround that price, good buy mart, reliable , easy to get parts ,prob more than enough for what you would need it for, maybe even a bit to much,

Cheers for the opinions folks......I was put off slightly by the rust on the rails...... :-\

Just as a rough indication how much would you expect to pay for this one?

Not too keen on the Massey, never really liked the style of those but does look like a good work-horse for the dosh...... :)

Oli - The Fergie is being sold to raise the extra wee bit of cash to be able to get over the ?4000 mark......See the fully painted Fergie in my Restoration topic...... ;)

Cheers for the opinions folks......I was put off slightly by the rust on the rails...... :-\

Just as a rough indication how much would you expect to pay for this one?

Not too keen on the Massey, never really liked the style of those but does look like a good work-horse for the dosh...... :)

Oli - The Fergie is being sold to raise the extra wee bit of cash to be able to get over the ?4000 mark......See the fully painted Fergie in my Restoration topic...... ;)

how many horseys has that massey got  :-\

If i was in your position mart looking for a workhorse etc go for something thats value for money dont be picky with makes etc, the mf has got a simple gearbox that has little problems with them. Perfect for what your gonna use 2wd just isnt worth it any more as it may have 95hp motor in it, but it will only pull like 75hp with 2wd etc things like that

got to agree with phill on that one mart , we know that it's a blue you want , but run something reliable & affordable for the first year or so , as long as it earns the money you'll be quids in when it 's time for replaceing , & maybe a newer blue than you thought 7840 / 8340 perhaps ? still recon that fergie would do you well , most of the 3000 /36 range have stood the test of time pretty well as has the CASE-IH 956 & they sound real beauts when working hard !

got to agree with phill on that one mart , we know that it's a blue you want , but run something reliable & affordable for the first year or so , as long as it earns the money you'll be quids in when it 's time for replaceing , & maybe a newer blue than you thought 7840 / 8340 perhaps ? still recon that fergie would do you well , most of the 3000 /36 range have stood the test of time pretty well as has the          CASE-IH 956    & they sound real beauts when working hard !

i wouldent rule out a caseih 885 xl or 895 xl mart  But  i know you will end up getting a blue  ;)

what are ya going to do with a tractor any way mart? do you already have some work for one?

i was going to buy a 100hp fiat and tidy it up abit and use it on the farm,that bit would of been ok no probs at all in getting it payed for,but getting a start on my frist house would\will pay off beter in the long run i thought so i never went ahead with it. :-\ :) :)

got to agree with phill on that one mart , we know that it's a blue you want , but run something reliable & affordable for the first year or so , as long as it earns the money you'll be quids in when it 's time for replaceing , & maybe a newer blue than you thought 7840 / 8340 perhaps ? still recon that fergie would do you well , most of the 3000 /36 range have stood the test of time pretty well as has the CASE-IH 956 & they sound real beauts when working hard !

Made it sound so hard marcus :D :D

Thanks lads, yeah the 2wd would probably be a waste of time in terms of traction for around here...... :-\

I would still hope that I could source a similar Ford machine for around the same money as the Massey however it may well be I have to bury my head in shame at driving a red in the future...... :D;)

Oli - I plan to use it on the farm where I help out/work in the holidays as the boss said another tractor would be great to have around at mucking out and other busy times and also just general work around the area if anyone needs another tractor to help with grain carting for example...... :);) ;)

weird that phil, ihman i was just going to say to mart what about a case ih , theres loads kicking round in ct adds this month all at pretty reasonable prices, as there are massys to, might be worth considering a different brand mart, as the fords you seem to want all seem to be high in price 

Thanks lads, yeah the 2wd would probably be a waste of time in terms of traction for around here...... :-\

I would still hope that I could source a similar Ford machine for around the same money as the Massey however it may well be I have to bury my head in shame at driving a red in the future...... :D;)

Oli - I plan to use it on the farm where I help out/work in the holidays as the boss said another tractor would be great to have around at mucking out and other busy times and also just general work around the area if anyone needs another tractor to help with grain carting for example...... :);) ;)

Martin, be very careful about that as a lot of farmers will always say that sort of thing but when it comes down to it and actually having the offer of another tractor they won't take any action on it, they are a funny breed! Don't just rely on that one farmer, take a good look around locally and if you have one approach the local machinery ring to see what the chances of getting work through them could be, don't forget insurances either, as many people will tell you on here they are not cheap at all :-\