tractors, machinery & trucks on my journeys

MJB1

What a remarkable similarity to Marky....Marcus.....they say everyone has a double ;) ;)

I had to look twice Bill... I thought to myself... ummm... I don't remember doing that windscreen  :-\ :D :D

Great update Marcus... nice 750 too  :-*  .. silver cabber too... and I guess the rotary radiator screen is off to replace the lip seal around it... they were cr@ppy those  ::)

What a remarkable similarity to Marky....Marcus.....they say everyone has a double ;) ;)

whew at least they know who they are  ;D

Nice update there Marcus with lots of scrap.

Don't think that is a 956 mind - looks more like a 856 to me.

Surprised the combine is indoors ;D

scrap ? ah you mean the 6710 ;D

i thought it was an 856 but there was a 956 door down in the nettles ?

yes combine lives indoors , but farmer says he may sell it after next season & not bother with corn , as it's just as cheap to buy it in for mixing

I had to look twice Bill... I thought to myself... ummm... I don't remember doing that windscreen  :-\ :D :D

Great update Marcus... nice 750 too  :-*  .. silver cabber too... and I guess the rotary radiator screen is off to replace the lip seal around it... they were cr@ppy those  ::)

had to look twice when he drove in to the truck park !

don't see many masseys that vintage round here full stop ! but there was a big massey dealers down that way years back , & he always has a massey loader tractor but prime tractor is now a deere & 5445 + loader

Nice updates Marcus, you certainly get to see a real variety of oldies on your travels........ :)

certainly do mart , i consider it a perk of the job , that & finding a few bit's like tyres for my tractor & cultivators for lord furgus !

that old 02 reg must be getting ready for retirment i should think? must be nice to go out on someone elses patch nice change of scenery anyway!

got two sisters going later in the spring GZS & GZT will both be replaced with new scania sleeper cabbed 8 leggers

Some real stockman tractors you've found there. I also think the Case IH is an 856, looks right length for the four cylinder engine and the rear mudguards are distinctive. I think the 956 door you saw was from a tractor the owner had already killed!

it probably was an 856, but i wasn't really taking much notice to be honest, as for killing the 956 i could probably beleive that , he also had a french 60 series ford in the yard , it was booted up with american style tread tyres & all all the decals in the cab & safety decals were in french , which sort of gives it away

Ahhhh, now I understand why he can't look after his machines, all the instructions are in French and he doesn't understand a word of it  ;D

unfortunately he's one of those farmers who has loads of sheds that are filled to the brim with unuseable rubbish,& the kit stays outside :(

Going by the reg i'd say your old eight legger comes from up my way Marcus ???

we have 3 on that reg & are ex-ABN ,GZS,GZT & an artic unit GZU so may well have been bought up round your way paul. There's another GZ? in devon sold from ABN now run by a subbie although still in ABN colours

Is it AV02 or AY02 Marcus?

it's AV paul , matter of fact we have 3 or 4 AV 02/52 volvo's

think the lorry is avo2 it was one of the first lorrys to be re sprayed in the green and silver it was originally a pye bibby lorry forget if it was one of the red ones or aold bibby green and yellow one!

that was one of the red & white ones tim

• 3 weeks later...

best post a few more i spose  :) 

definately a 956 this time  :-[

11320101Small.jpg

a great tractor to find , a trusty DB1210 on a saw bench

1132010Small.jpg

one of the reasons i love my job

1632010Small.jpg

NH 7060 on milk haul duties

17320101Small.jpg

another great find , a semi retired TW35 but sporting a SQ roof  ???

17320102Small.jpg

looks like they're unloading ships at the docks, bit dusty in the store  :of

1732010Small.jpg