Paint colours

JC

Question

As it seems quite a few people are getting into this converting and building lark I thought it might be an idea to have a colour reference topic, maybe it will help a few of us along with getting a close match colour off the shelf for a particular brand.

If you've used a particular "off the shelf" colour to match up to a particular brand and you don't mind sharing it with others then please post it up here.

• Like 1

my local dealers not got any, its hard to come by?? so they told me, but a good reliable source told me that ford radian red on grey primer is what they use on the ones that they sell ;)  with vw pastel cream for the wheels

many thanks TM that was very helpfull  ;):) :)

VW 'Pargas Blue' for the trailer and Rover 'Vermillion' for the wheels I would say. I keep a good stock of aerosol paints for projects and get the 500ml cans from the local auto section of Trago Mills for around £1.75 a can.

hey guys just wondering what would be the nearest halfords colour for the massey 760 combine its one of the very last macau made ones..need to touch it up a bit after making the header detachable thanks

I'm afraid I can't answer the paint question, but curious to see the result of this conversion!

hey guys just wondering what would be the nearest halfords colour for the massey 760 combine its one of the very last macau made ones..need to touch it up a bit after making the header detachable thanks

try some plasti coat red, thats a pretty good match to the mf red ,small pot and have a test on the plastic first would be best mind, just to be sure

thanks for that as long as its near enough i ll be happy, yeah it turned out ok i was worried because i didn't want to make a mess of a oldish model i ll put up a couple pictures but it'll probably be sunday before i get a chance. thanks again lads

you will have a motor factors in your area that supply paint to the motor trade and they have colour charts (colour chips ) with every type of green ,red ,blue ,ect ect,so you can pick an exacted match you want,

here is the best bit :they can put that colour in to a spray can aerosol and it will be 2k paint ,that means you will get a great finish/shine it will cost you around £7.

aerosols from halfords tend to drop the gloss finish,and just one more tip check your colours both out side in normal light and in side the shop because they will differ in different light (metarmerics)

;D

8) I just found these two web sites and reckoned they would come in handy for a few guy's on FTF,the first is on

Agriscale's web site http://agriscale.nl/tools/color/colorbase.php?l=en it's a list of RAL numbers,if you have this then you can get paint made to match,the second is a web site that makes up paint to your RAL number,pity the smallest tin's are one litre,http://www.stationaryengineparts.com/RAL-Paints.html ,I wonder if demand was sufficient if they would do 14ml tinlet's ::) ,

Regards

Joe.