Ford TW-10

NewHolland2

WHOA now there's a tractor with a gearbox to test yer patience with mart  ;D

very good tractors ,but the non synchro box let them down a bit , very strong & reliable ,but needed to be treated like a lady ,bit of respect & she'll do just fine ,little on the old side , but very well looked after by the looks of things

sadly the others are right rather on the old side & for the money yer willing to pay there are newer models about

will still put in a good days graft for you mart & best bit is NO COMPUTERS ! a real "hit it with a hammer to keep it going" bus ! 

You should really be looking for one without VAT too Mart, those three letters at the end put another ?900+ on the price of the Ford, money you aren't likely to get back when you say goodbye to the old girl.  :)

Still, I think you can't go far wrong with an old TW. Good solid tractor with a reliable gearbox as Marcus says. Be very careful about the condition of the front axle though, as repairs there could be very expensive. The engine is another part to watch out for as I've heard overhauls for these aren't cheap. Still, It's certainly a tractor I'd like to own one day.

looks very expensive to me :o what reg is it as it looks old and i bet it has a fair few hrs on the clock, on the plus side its a fair size and has 4wd ;) arnt the gear boxes "crash" as its hit and hope to get it in gear ::)

Isn't it the synchro ones that are 'push and pray' sparrow? Nothing a few pins and bushes shouldnt sort out though.

very much a double clutch shift for these ladies , the gear lever rail around them was a pain as well , especially if the box had a bit of wear in them , as the long levers would hit the bar before going into gear >:(

given the chance i'd own one , as there are plenty about for cheaper than the one on this post , but not in the same condition , this has been well looked after, i'd say the price is fair for this tractor , but the VAT is the killer here, it just makes it that little too much 

one of our customers has a TW10 lovely tractor still his main tractor only problem he had was the clutch, he put a heavy duty clutch in which takes alot of effort to operate all day he aided this by adding a hand operated lever to it.

The ideal tractor in that hp bracket would be a IH 1455 but you will be very lucky to find one i would say ?5000 sounds ok for that tractor you could do alot worse for the money

Cheers for the input lads...... :)

You should really be looking for one without VAT too Mart, those three letters at the end put another ?900+ on the price of the Ford, money you aren't likely to get back when you say goodbye to the old girl.  :)

Would that most likely be through private sale to get one without VAT mate?

yeah good point fp, if your doing your own contracting you will need to think about vat ect, maybe set a company up now ready mate? a good accountant should be able to help you out,or someone on here with the know how

Might be an idea mate, will keep it in mind once I get the first hurdle over...... ;)

still recon a 956 is a good bet mart :)

but look at the boots on here , the tractors not a favorite of mine , but you know you want to

http://www.richardbland.co.uk/images/rbdbf8340-5341h.jpg

I spotted that one mate, what a size of tyre...... :o;)

one of our customers has a TW10 lovely tractor still his main tractor only problem he had was the clutch, he put a heavy duty clutch in which takes alot of effort to operate all day he aided this by adding a hand operated lever to it.

The ideal tractor in that hp bracket would be a IH 1455 but you will be very lucky to find one i would say ?5000 sounds ok for that tractor you could do alot worse for the money

Cheers mate......From what I have heard they certainly sounds pretty reliable...... :);)

these tractors were well before the days of 40k as an optional gearbox mart, not a bad turn of speed for it's size but just like the 2000 series masseys they're plodders & up in the cab they feel slow & clumsy still a good ole bus & still will be when all this NH TS135a & MF 6480 have long gone

these tractors were well before the days of 40k as an optional gearbox mart, not a bad turn of speed for it's size but just like the 2000 series masseys they're plodders & up in the cab they feel slow & clumsy still a good ole bus & still will be when all this NH TS135a & MF 6480 have long gone

definetly out live the MF anyway  :D :D

Probably wouldn't be preferred by a local farmer for hauling tatties or grain though mate?  :-\ :);)

the jobs all about getting it done properly not how fast the tractors can go  :D :D

hauled silage with a 3080 30k with a chap with a 3095 + 40k & there was very little difference in it . got to the hills & the 40k had to be shifted down a few gears , my 30k just kept pulling  in top  ;)

there was another chap with a case-ih1594 & he was faster than the 40k altogether !