At work with Gav

Gav836

Here are some pictures of the rolling I was doing yesterday, before anyone comments on the overlap of the rolls it was deliberate as I had to keep to 6m  as I was marking the tramlines for the boss as he needed to spray the fields within 3 days of drilling ;):)

The rolls are Cousins Sidewinder and somewhere around 6.3 or 6.5m wide ;)

P8300081.jpg

P8300082.jpg

P8300083.jpg

P8300084.jpg

P8300085.jpg

Nice pics gav, how heavy is the weight box/block on the front links?

Cheers Nick, its not very heavy, 100kg or so maybe as its a box. We now have two so one goes on the baling tractor to carry twine rolls or harrowing one to carry seed bags and parts, the other goes on the spraying tractor to carry chemicals

I probably get more work done than you do in the course of a day ;D::):D :D ;)

Rolled about 60-70 acres on 3 fields between 9am and 2.30pm yesterday so not too bad :)

i think you rolling the other day was more work than i did last week...we are dead! >:( >:(

not to worry though! :D :D :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Had to deliver some oil to a firm called Bronzeshield lifting Ltd today, didn't think it would be anything exciting until I saw this brand new beast out the front of the workshop :o;D ;D Just had to get some pictures of it (whilst trying not to be spotted with my phone doing it) ;D:D :D

Image068.jpg

Image067.jpg

Here are some pictures of the rolling I was doing yesterday, before anyone comments on the overlap of the rolls it was deliberate as I had to keep to 6m  as I was marking the tramlines for the boss as he needed to spray the fields within 3 days of drilling ;):)

You quite clearly just made that up to cover up for yet more shoody rolling  :o what excuse did you give to the framer for taking twice as long as you should of done  ::)  I'm might be going rolling on friday if it stays dry i'll take a video and send it to you with some tips  ;) ;) ;D ;D

You quite clearly just made that up to cover up for yet more shoody rolling  :o what excuse did you give to the framer for taking twice as long as you should of done  ::)  I'm might be going rolling on friday if it stays dry i'll take a video and send it to you with some tips  ;) ;) ;D ;D

cheeky  ::) and once you have post the vid ill do a vid to show you how to do it properly  ::);):D

• 2 weeks later...

Been cultivating for a mate of mine today with his Claas Atles 936 (260hp) on a 6m Wil-Rich cultivator, bit of overkill but hats the only tractor available, his 2 Quadtrack's were busy as is the Claas 836. Nice tractor to drive, looks enormous when you stand next to it and the same sitting behind the wheel.

Image074.jpg

Image075.jpg

Image076.jpg

Image079.jpg

Nice and simple inside, powershift gears and hand throttle on one lever, 5 spools so one lever does two of them.

Image073.jpg

A post display, small number at the top is reverse gear selected, big number forward gear (swap round if you are in reverse), the other small number is the gear selected by the headland management system. Bottom of the display shows that auto 4wd and diff-lock are in

Image078.jpg