At work with Gav

Gav836

You're right there Steve, the draft sensor has now been done on it and the other error codes deciphered on the laptop, they all point to a problem with the hydrostatic unt or in other words the gearbox could be on its way out again in under 300hrs ::) ::) Just got to keep an eye on it once I start baling with it, already had Ben Burgess out twice in the week, once for the tractor and once for a baler fault which also originated on the tractor, boss has said if it gets too much trouble he'll look at changing it, maybe for a Fendt ;D

Got that right Texas, cleared out the nose a treat :D if I'd have been in it any longer though I'd have shut the door as I'm actually allergic to large concentrations of ammonia (this was burning my throat), has put me off work for 7 weeks in the past :o :o

Got that right Texas, cleared out the nose a treat :D if I'd have been in it any longer though I'd have shut the door as I'm actually allergic to large concentrations of ammonia (this was burning my throat), has put me off work for 7 weeks in the past :o :o

For a few minutes ammonia cann't harm but for a long time itsn't good.

Texas

good job you didn't stick with the turkey litter job then gav  :)

so am i gav,the amount my boss makes is  way to much for most to handel

cows doesnt smell any where near as bad as chickens or turkeys i always thought, even pigs doesnt really smell that much

Especially for Marky and the Massey Massive, heres a few pictures of our other tractor that we have on the farm, its a 100% original MF 135, it doesn't get too much use other than hay turning from what I can make out, we still have all the original books and fold out service sheet as well

P5210003.jpg

P5210002.jpg

P5210001.jpg

The bosses son is the only person who's been driving it since I've been there as I've been chasing him with the baler (when it decides to do more than a couple of hours without a workshop visit) and he has since taken off the winter warmers as he was getting a bit warm :D

We also started cutting barley on Wednesday, seems to be yielding well both in straw and grain. I've been baling behind the combine and taking over on the combine when the boss needs to be elsewhere or takes a break

post-334-132638818634_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638818642_thumb.jpg

This is the view from where I was baling hay the other day, not very far from the sea at all. If anyone knows the area its Morston/Blakeney Point on the North Norfolk coast

post-334-132638818652_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638818657_thumb.jpg