At work with Gav

Gav836

Few pics for you of 2 of our 4 calves that have been born so far, these are from two of the older cows, having a bit of trouble getting the black one to feed at the minute, was born last night, brown one was born wednesday afternoon :) Black is a bull calf, brown is a hiefer ;)

DSCN0508.jpg

DSCN0507.jpg

DSCN0509.jpg

DSCN0510.jpg

DSCN0511.jpg

DSCN0512.jpg

Just one picture from today, the water table is a little bit high in this field, this is what the furrow looked like after I'd been stopped half an hour for lunch :o Made getting back across the field interesting to say the least ::)

DSCN0524.jpg

it,s drying up well here today gav my plough will be on this week to turn over the stubble turnips stubble over wet though  :D

Well it was dry on top but had a few 100% wheel slip moments that required a bit of reversing to get out of it but 10 inches deep its still rather damp. Not going anywhere near our stubble turnip, forage rape or kale stubbles yet, far too wet to travel on

What you had Marky in for the morning  :o :o :o :o :o

Just following the hedge I started against which is a slight curve, would make too much mess straightening it out with how wet the ground is

As with a number of the blog style threads in the Farm Talk section just been looking through yours Gav cover to cover, some fanstastic machines and great photographs, the Vervaet looks like a mighty piece of kit, will have to get scanning the photos of the 55 plate model that used harvest beet on my friends farm. :)

Regards

David

Been ploughing again today with the Kverneland LB85 demonstrator, not a plough that I'd really like as it has some of the same problems as our old one, especially with the wheel jamming up when you turn it over! Here's a few pics of it anyway :)

DSCN0539.jpg

DSCN0540.jpg

DSCN0541.jpg

DSCN0527.jpg

Few gulls about as well

DSCN0533.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

Gav, is that a Kverneland 5 furrow variwidth plough?

Certainly is, we await the quote with interest

cab hound :D :D :D :D :D sure thats his name?? so how many more left to test then mate, and whats the favorite so far

He answers to many names :D We have Lemken, Pottinger and Gregoire Besson left now. Favourite so far would be the Rabe I think, its also the dearest :o