At work with Gav

Gav836

what an upright pillar of the community you are Alex... straight and too the point... which must have been hard  :D :D :D

we didn't have to winkle it out of you either  :D :D :D

I bet it wasn't as big and shiny as ours.......... :P :P :P :P

what an upright pillar of the community you are Alex... straight and too the point... which must have been hard  :D :D :D

we didn't have to winkle it out of you either  :D :D :D

that assessment is (as my friend from lincolnshire would say) "c*ck on chief!"

:-[

The next time FNHIR and I head to Spalding we'll be bringing a set of T6090 decals to slap on that in the dark of night.

Whilst I still believe that the best tractors come from Basildon, St Valentin is a close second.

Best of luck with it.  8)

The next time FNHIR and I head to Spalding we'll be bringing a set of T6090 decals to slap on that in the dark of night.

Whilst I still believe that the best tractors come from Basildon, St Valentin is a close second.

Best of luck with it.  8)

I hope you have some spare room................... ;D

What a beast!  8)

Oh and By the way, how come it has Hare and Tortoise buttons on the joystick when its a CVX? or does it have like a high range and a low range?

It still has three ranges in the transmission despite being a CVX tractor, the buttons change between them

Hey Gav just have been reading this and i have to say i wish i had your job it looks to be a great place to work and all them nice machines to work on to keep up the good work of posting i will be watching this now  ;D

Been ploughing with the Puma yesterday and was extremely impressed with its fuel usage, between 20 and 28 litres an hour spot rate, the best my old 6920s managed was 30 litres an hour with the plough at 12 inches deep and 50cm furrows. No pictures of that as the camera batteries died but I did manage to get a few today when I drilled and rolled in the kale on what I ploughed yesterday, all behind strawed carrots.

007-26.jpg

008-25.jpg

004-37.jpg

009-30.jpg

010-21.jpg

012-21.jpg

First impressions of the AFS 300 computer are good, its certainly easy to use and alter settings on, makes altering things like spool valve flow easy and by fine tuning tractor settings from the information showing on the screen its possible to get the best fuel economy out of it

I have to admit that it does sound nice, even my boss remarked on it when I was drilling today ;D

Here's my other new toy, a President Johnson II CB radio which arrived yesterday and is now sitting tidily in the cab roof, didn't fancy drilling too many holes to fit a standard cb in this tractor with the amount of wiring tucked into the cab

001-37.jpg

Will you be upgrading to a larger drill now as well Gavin?

No we won't Niels, the drilling only gets done by me when I have the time to do it otherwise one of the smaller tractors goes onto it. There will be a new drilling tractor at some point in the future, possibly next year but boss isn't sure as yet

• 1 month later...

Its a 50kph box fitted Mark, we were advised to go to that to keep the resale value up in the future.

Been going through my phone this afternoon and found a load of photo's on there of the contractor baling our silage a few weeks back. As we were so short of grass on our first cut we've bought standing grass off 3 of our neighbours, made up of large margins, set aside and old water meadows, we were hoping for about 200 bales and we've exceeded that by getting 280, all carted back and wrapped at the old airfield in the village where our usual silage ground is located.

The Krone baler is a demonstrator that the contractor is trying this season with a view to replacing three of his JD balers with it, early impressions of it are that its a good baler but they would be ordering them with the tandem axle option in order to spread the weight a bit more.

Image0129.jpg

Image0130.jpg

Image0135.jpg

Image0134.jpg

Image0133.jpg

Image0139.jpg