At work with Gav

Gav836

I've just seen 'watapity's' creation, it's fantastic Gav. It's in Impliment Conversions.

The 7840 pulled her ok with half a box of barley and some water in the tyres on the flat field. Full box and a hill and I think she'd have turned around and headed back to the yard though!!  :D

I've seen it as well Tris ;D

Our 7840's wouldn't struggle with one at 135hp and the other sitting around 145hp, they are both as powerful as the McCormick or more so :)

Great pictures there gavin, the TSA doesnt look a bad machine but i do think you have got better taste ::) ::):D :D Shows the advantages of the box drill managing to go along at 7-8mph like typical vaddy ::)???

Well today I have been sub-soiling with the TM175, no pictures this time but I should have some for tomorrow night as I'll be pulling a Simba Solo 300 with it, going to see what happens when I stick the subsoiler legs into work ;D

Some lovely pics there Gav... tell me please.... does the NH tractor need all those weights on the front to handle that powerharrow  ??? or are they just "on there for good" if you know what I mean  ???:-\

Thanks Marky, wait till you see the weights on the TM ::);D She does need all the weight as that is one heavy harrow, it tips the scales at 1900kg so would be a tad light on the steering without them :D :D

thanks guys

Great pics again Gavvy babes... what a piece of kit as well  :o I bet that takes some lugging along  :o ... so.... how far apart do the legs work  ???

Put it this way when i found a tight spot on the field the TM soon let me know about it ::):D

There's 4 legs on it spaced across the 3m width so they are near enough 1m apart

Thanks Gav.... I bet that does make your tractor grunt mate  :o

She certainly sounds nice pulling it. When it has the legs in deeper and is on heavy land it goes on the 8770 ;)

Nice pics Gav how many acres is that field looks a fair size

Thanks Simon

That field is about 30 acres i think, I managed to subsoil it all yesterday so it isn't much bigger than that :);)

good clear pics gav,  you not keep to the same tractor then ? or they just seeing what suits you best to your ability,(could end up on a 135 yet  :D :D :D;) )

when you going to fit one of yer hoppers to the simba then ?

glad it's working out for you mate

good clear pics gav,  you not keep to the same tractor then ? or they just seeing what suits you best to your ability,(could end up on a 135 yet  :D :D :D;) )

when you going to fit one of yer hoppers to the simba then ?

glad it's working out for you mate

Its myself and the bosses son who are doing most of the farm work now, each tractor has jobs that they get used for. I could have had the 70 series instead of the TM doing the subsoiling and today on the Solo but as the TM done the job ok we left it on the Plough ready for later in the week, had it have been tougher going it would have been needed as it is about 2 tonnes heavier than the TM so grips better

No seeder as yet ::) ::)

Cheers Marcus, I'm enjoying it. Doubt i'll enjoy tomorrow though, got a day at school doing a spray course :-\