At work with Gav

Gav836

Great pictures mate and being able to pull a solo 300 with a 175 that must have been some mighty kind soil :o :o  our partners 930 whinges alot on theres :D :D

We had a proper tractor on it and it wasn't working overly deep ;)

Nice pictures Gav.

How much beet will be grown this year?

Is your new farm one of them place I've read about in the UK that in the past have centered there farm around growing beet?

We're growing about 100 acres, don't know too much about the history of the farm as yet :)

Heres a few pictures from today, I've been getting the beet drill ready by changing 96 small brass bushes on it. The bushes hold the seeder units tight and keep the row widths at 20 inches, however as they were worn it was allowing them to move between 18 and 22 inches. The pictures aren't as clear as usual as they were taken on my phone ;)

First new bush next to old one and the 7840 which it's used on :)

post-334-132638575994_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638576006_thumb.jpg

nice pics gav, has that nh got a old jd front hitch fitted ??

Thanks Sean. Its a Garford front hitch as that tractor does the beet harvesting with a front mounted 6 row topper and rear trailed elevator lifter :);)

Looks well, any pics o the other one!! road hog!!!

I see a beetie mobel in the background!!

Unfortunately the shed is too dark what that one is in, i will get one. The other one is the one thats pushing out 150hp ish at the PTO :o

ah saw the colour and assumed it was a jd one fitted mate

The only JD thing on the farm is the round baler luckily, they have better taste than that ::):D :D ;)

Looking good Gav......Like the 7840...... :P

Would do me fine that tractor...... ;) ;) ;)

Hands off, you can't have it ::):D :D :D

You wouldn't need an 8340 when both this one and the other one are more powerful ;D:D :D ;)

Some nice photo' again Gav and some good descriptions. I like to hear from the guys who do maize/sugar beet etc as I have never and probably never will have anything to do with the stuff so it's all a learning curve for me. Cheers bud.  :)

Some nice photo' again Gav and some good descriptions. I like to hear from the guys who do maize/sugar beet etc as I have never and probably never will have anything to do with the stuff so it's all a learning curve for me. Cheers bud.  :)

Thanks and no probs Tris. You'll have to come up this way for a while as several contractors are looking for staff once they start harvesting maize/sugar beet :);)

Thanks and no probs Tris. You'll have to come up this way for a while as several contractors are looking for staff once they start harvesting maize/sugar beet :);)

If I don't hear from my old boss soon mate that might not be too far fetched  :-[

Thanks Sean. Its a Garford front hitch as that tractor does the beet harvesting with a front mounted 6 row topper and rear trailed elevator lifter :);)

Sounds interesting,I'll be awake half the night now trying to work out what that looks like. :-[:)