What Model - Tractor or Implement would you like to see UH make next?

BGU

A conv-plough,some of us are still ploughing in the dark ages,and proud of it. ;)

why is this Ol ?

is it cost ? or a case of 'it ain't broke dont fix it'  or even worse , it worked for my father & his father before him & his father before him ...etc...etc

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-More furrows for less money

-I know of a fair few farmers that will swear ploughing in lands with more furrows is the same out put if not more than a revsable plough.

-Ploughing is in sharpe decline on NZ farms,so why buy a modern revsable plough when it will do little work.

-Modern short EU/UK mould boards tend to throw the soil/brake it up alot were as longer NZ (often grass land bodies) bodies roll the soil over and leave tighter furrows that light land arable farmers like.(ones I know any way)

-Dad always ploughed in lands so it'll do for me is part of it like you said Marcus.

-Ploughing a grass paddock in lands on a warm spring day is good for the soul. ;)

-Alot say a conv plough is easyer pulling.

post-628-132639454106_thumb.jpg

here in North America there are very few reversible ploughs and we manage. I would prefer one but the costs are prohibitive , especially since the plough is being used less and less. No till is the wave of the future, although I am not convinced of it yet. Most of my neighbours are no till but their yields are not always up to par, especially in years where it is very wet or dry.

-More furrows for less money

-I know of a fair few farmers that will swear ploughing in lands with more furrows is the same out put if not more than a revsable plough.

-Ploughing is in sharpe decline on NZ farms,so why buy a modern revsable plough when it will do little work.

-Modern short EU/UK mould boards tend to throw the soil/brake it up alot were as longer NZ (often grass land bodies) bodies roll the soil over and leave tighter furrows that light land arable farmers like.(ones I know any way)

-Dad always ploughed in lands so it'll do for me is part of it like you said Marcus.

-Ploughing a grass paddock in lands on a warm spring day is good for the soul. ;)

-Alot say a conv plough is easyer pulling.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I`d like:

Ford TWs from TW-10 to TW-35

4 cylinder Ford 10 series from 4610 up to 7710

Claas Jaguar 890 Greeneye or any New Jaguar with both Silage and Maize Headers

Volvo L90E on Agricultural tyres with a fold up Buckrake and Bucket

Archived