INTERNATIONAL's

BC

• 2 months later...

Were there many models of internationals produced?  In the States there were more than here in th UK I think but would these be included as most of these would come under the 'Farmall' family and would the Case international models be included also? I am not aware that there were many UK made International models other than the two types of B250 in roughly 1:43 made in 1960 by Matchbox in their 'Kingsize' range, these being a green wheeled one and a rarer red wheeled version and an even rarer orange wheel version, there were four box variations. The catalogue number was K4-1. There has been another model more recently produced in India for the American market  in 1:25 under the name of Mahindra of a 1970's/80's tractor with a roll bar but can it really be called an International?

Lone Star also did a couple of non descript toy tractors that they called Internationals but were just basically toys and not true models in various colours but not that popular in the collecting field.

This would be an interesting make of tractor in model form to investigate and be interesting to see what is actually out there including any conversions.

the only IH "world wide tractor"(doncaster )off

record was the ERTL IH 784

I suppoose you could include the IH 956 (first produced in germany then in doncaster in the 90s under CASEIH )

and i think we need a 79s-80s world wide IH in 1/32 model mass

production  i would realy love to see a 454 or 574 or 674  :P :P :P :P

if i cast the 784 engine bay soon i might graft a clay 674 bonnet on to

her if I can and maybee cast the mould for that  :'(

Regrettably, the meeting has now been postponed untill the 12th June. Recieved a last second call from Mr Varley (literally) since I was actually at the meeting location waiting for him!

Sorry about that guys, but please do keep the suggestions coming.

I would think in a business sense that any new IH coming from RC2 will have to meet the standards of both North American and then Europe.  To make a model that was not sold in North America will not sell enough units just in Europe.  So I expect to see a more global approach in future production.....for example how come a 7000 series CaseIH was never made?  Is it possible that this unit never sold much in Europe since it is a big horse power tractor????????

I would think in a business sense that any new IH coming from RC2 will have to meet the standards of both North American and then Europe.  To make a model that was not sold in North America will not sell enough units just in Europe.  So I expect to see a more global approach in future production.....for example how come a 7000 series CaseIH was never made?  Is it possible that this unit never sold much in Europe since it is a big horse power tractor????????

I don't entirely agree Rick, look at the Oliver, IH and Case  made in 1:32 not really a Euro sort of thing but in the "euro scale"

I don't really think that we see what they produce for the American market over here in the UK much as the Ertl side cater for over there and Britain's cater more for the European market. Although we all know that it's the same company whose official name is RC2 Ertl Britain's and everything is made in China. One particular model That comes to mind is the John Deere 7520 collector edition. This tractor was I believe supplied in 'European spec' and had no rear mudguards but the American version  did have rear mudguards and also indicator lights on the corners of the cab roof with cab mounted front and rear work lights. inside the cab behind the seat is a rollbar. This articulated tractor has dual wheels. I am unsure as to how much it differs from the European model apart from the mudguards as I only have the US version but I think that it was released here as the 7020 . I will post a pic of it in a seperate post if anyone wants a look at it.

I just bought a JD 7930 has steps on both sides which I thought was a Euro aspect but it has no flasher just a orange triangle........Scott those units were made for North American  I agree one sided......but if they take a casting I would think they would want to suit both sides of the pond.....some units wont..like the Oliver......its just speculation so you may be right........

Puzzled why Siku made that Agco Banner Line.......can't see them selling in the UK.  I cant even see them selling much in North America because of the scale........so wonder who the market was when they decided to do this kit....maybe since they had the casting of the 4000 series Mf it would not cost much to do........

I just bought a JD 7930 has steps on both sides which I thought was a Euro aspect but it has no flasher just a orange triangle........Scott those units were made for North American  I agree one sided......but if they take a casting I would think they would want to suit both sides of the pond.....some units wont..like the Oliver......its just speculation so you may be right........

Puzzled why Siku made that Agco Banner Line.......can't see them selling in the UK.  I cant even see them selling much in North America because of the scale........so wonder who the market was when they decided to do this kit....maybe since they had the casting of the 4000 series Mf it would not cost much to do........

Just an observation and it may not hold true but the impression I get is that Europeans are more likely to buy a tractor that is not familiar to them than a North American is.

how about a 4wd 955 with tin house cab or any of the '74' series they could make the 955 out of the same engine casting as the 956xl  :-\ :)

Excuse my ignorance but is a "tin house cab" like the comfort cab's we all

know and love on the 955 before they where graced with XL cab units

well i wonder how the ford 5000 7000 and 7600 will sell being EU spec

i think they would go down a storm as Ford 6x range and the IH worldwide

range are perfectly good "utility" tractors in the US  :-\

the problem with producing for both sides especially in older stuff is the differences in the tractors styles, just look at the different cabs ect on modern ones now, and older ones, ,well the us spec usally had completly different mudguards, lighting set up,the list goes on, the only real way they can do both sides of the pond is modern stuff which now a days is similar enough to get away with, or sell us spec to the uk  or  uk spec to the us which may not sell that well,they sure aint going to do 2 different sets of tooling cost wise 

it would still be easy if done proper like they did with the classic JDs

like make the 784 over here with the cab (detatchable also floor-pans)

and the us spec with us mudgurds(rear fenders) where the floor-pan

would be for the EU spec cab i hope you can follow what im saying  :-\

yes mate, but at the end of the day thats 2 sets of tooling for 1 model if you see what i mean, and i cant see them doing that, moneys everything now a days,as much as i would love to see oldies come out, no matter what make, the new 5000 is a classic example, smae chassis ect for all of them bar a few added cheap to make extras cab rear screen ect, just a simple palstic glue in bit, but a whole floor pan, or cab ????

What we must remember, is that in the real tractor world, the English and American market are two different entities. The laws are different for one thing, lighting arangements and requirements are not the same neither are the safety laws and tractors made by the same company, the same basic tractor will be of a slightly different build for the country it is intended for use in, an example would be the early type Fordson tractors such as the old Standard. In the American market it did not have mudguards but here in the UK it did. This difference in model specs is probably reflected in the way the model making companies gain license for manufacture as the model has to be an accurate representation of it's respective market, here we might get a version of an International with what the Americans call a 'widefront' front axle and the same model for their market may be produced with 'narrowfront'. As regards the 'saleability' of a model, we are used to seeing more Euopean spec models as this is where their maket is and vice-versa for the US market. There is from time to time a cross over of models and this is usually what makes a particular model rarer, depending on the numbers that do cross over. Well, that's my opinion.

if RC2 bought out the MF 595 im sure they woud just take the floor-pan of the uk speck and put there rear style fenders with a rops cab

all im saying if they can do it with one make of tractor they would find a way of doing the same principle to other makes of tractor

Im sure we will see a 6x ford US styled

yes mate, but at the end of the day thats 2 sets of tooling for 1 model if you see what i mean, and i cant see them doing that, moneys everything now a days,as much as i would love to see oldies come out, no matter what make, the new 5000 is a classic example, smae chassis ect for all of them bar a few added cheap to make extras cab rear screen ect, just a simple palstic glue in bit, but a whole floor pan, or cab ????

the ford 500 and 7000 look to be to diferent sets of tooling  look at the

length of the bonnet front weights rear cab cladding on the  7000

compared to the ford 5000 there are big major differences between both

tractors compared to US tooling and EU tooling 

so if they did it with one brand and its sucsessfull I wouldent be supprized if  we will see the same with IH CASE and CASE IH in the near future

I live in hope  :P :P :P :P

• 4 years later...

hi, i too would like to see some of the smaller internationals such as the 434 or a 444 with and without a cab,or would that be wishful thinking. :laugh: The only 434 i have seen on ebay was made by tenko of denmark and sadly too dear for me :-X

• 4 weeks later...