New Holland TM140 With Trailed Amazone Spreader......

NewHolland2

Nice pics Martin :);)

Seems strange that you'd want to mount a spreader on a chassis to use it on a TM :-\

Cheers Gav......

The spreader used to be used on the Ford 9030 Versatile - this is the first time I've seen it on one of his standard tractors - so I think this would be why it was on a chasis but I'm not sure exactly where the 9030 is just now but will try to find out at the weekend...... :) :) :);)

looks like narrow wheels on the back of the tractor :-\, farms round here are still running on floatation tyres and duels as the land is still soft. all s/prop sprayers are on floats still

There are a few people on row crops wheels about here now, especially those farmers who have OSR as a crop as its now getting between 12 and 24 inches tall so standard wheels are no longer an option in it with out running too much down ;):)

There are a few people on row crops wheels about here now, especially those farmers who have OSR as a crop as its now getting between 12 and 24 inches tall so standard wheels are no longer an option in it with out running too much down ;):)

noticed a few yellow fields along the A14 yesterday, bit early??? :-\....must be the global warming :D :D

is it  trailed to take the weight of the tractor  :-\  or does the 9030 have a rear lincage  :-\

I don't think the 9030 would cope with a mounted implement on the rear......It can be attached to a swather header but that's it......Everything else is trailed that it operates...... :) :) :);)

looks like narrow wheels on the back of the tractor :-\, farms round here are still running on floatation tyres and duels as the land is still soft. all s/prop sprayers are on floats still

Aye......It had row crop rears mate......It's pretty dry here now after a good few days of wind and sun so that's helped things along a bit...... :) :) :);)

nice pics Mart, all my questions (Gavs and Jasons) have been answered) :) :)

Cheers Ben...... :) :) :);)

noticed a few yellow fields along the A14 yesterday, bit early??? :-\....must be the global warming :D :D

strange you should say that mate, as i just had the same conversation with my other half on the way back, lots of fields down here flowering already, does seem early to me i must say

There are even a few yellow fields up here - maybe a certain variety has enjoyed the winter?

Also if it looks patchy, it may be runches (charlock?) which are normally killed off by frost.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ah another home made lime spreader job - several of the big growers at home have one of these done as well as my next door neighbour who has a single disc spreader on a twin wheel lorry axle - basically a recipe for muck  :D

A Ford 9030 is a pretty rare beast to find over here in the U.K. is it not. I thought they were more at home in Canada and the plains in good old U.S.A. There used to be an estate near where I lived who used the wheeled platform set up for their amazone spreader a few years ago then they changed to Centreliners on the lift again.. Was a good idea on steep hills or uneven ground and kept the whole outfit more stable than a lift mounted rig.

Certainly is an odd machine, nice pictures mate.  :)

Cheers Tim...... :)

A Ford 9030 is a pretty rare beast to find over here in the U.K. is it not. I thought they were more at home in Canada and the plains in good old U.S.A. There used to be an estate near where I lived who used the wheeled platform set up for their amazone spreader a few years ago then they changed to Centreliners on the lift again.. Was a good idea on steep hills or uneven ground and kept the whole outfit more stable than a lift mounted rig.

She's a rarity all right mate......I'm a lucky chap to live near her...... :P;)

There was an article in Classic Tractor a while back and there is less than 5 in the UK as far as I remember :o :o

Spot on mate......Classic Tractor Number 15 (July 2002)......The one above is the one pictured on the bottom right hand corner of page 31...... :) :) ;)