BGU's Whitby Pictures - Real Machines

BGU

What's the second picture - a topper?

Hi Kevin, nice pictures. The second picture is a rough cut brush mower, mostly used for large landowners with large lawns or areas to be brush cut. Over here you can tow them behind a lawnmower or ATV, I am not sure if they do the same over there.  :-\

Big-time guess here BGU, if the Longbow thingy was on a dealership yard over here, I'd assume it was a very large lawn sweeper for picking up grass clippings for, say, golf courses or "big houses" you know, places open to the public. As for the topper thing, that would be my guess too. Looks like it has a 3pt hitch though, can't understand that, usually if they have an engine, it's 'cos they're being pulled by an ATV.

Great pictures by the way  :)

Hi Kevin, nice pictures. The second picture is a rough cut brush mower, mostly used for large landowners with large lawns or areas to be brush cut. Over here you can tow them behind a lawnmower or ATV, I am not sure if they do the same over there.  :-\

Spot on Beetie lad - looks like a Portagric to me ;)

Looks like you had a good week, Kev. Did you find the model shop on Skinner street ?

I don't usually park down that end of whitby but will go for a look for the County next time we're there (notice the vintage USArmy lorry, too ?)

It looks like your JD was in Pickering and was the NH dealers in Kirbymoorsdie ? If so, were they friendly to visitors ?

Looks like you had a good week, Kev. Did you find the model shop on Skinner street ?

I don't usually park down that end of whitby but will go for a look for the County next time we're there (notice the vintage USArmy lorry, too ?)

It looks like your JD was in Pickering and was the NH dealers in Kirbymoorsdie ? If so, were they friendly to visitors ?

Yes the Boat yard was directly opposite the apartment we stopped in. The Army lorry was started up every day and moved around. Didn't take a picture though? :-[

What's the Longbow for?

looks very much like a grass collector , but i've seen similar machines adapted fo collecting golf balls !

What's the second picture - a topper?

the pins are for a removeable drawbar to be pulled bi either a small tractor or quad, ,the drawbar will also fold up out of the way to keep it compact & tidy when not in use , , i expect it's been removed , so's it cant be pinched ,

nice pics kev , like the buff orpington chicken  :)

looks very much like a grass collector , but i've seen similar machines adapted fo collecting golf balls !

the pins are for a removeable drawbar to be pulled bi either a small tractor or quad, ,the drawbar will also fold up out of the way to keep it compact & tidy when not in use , , i expect it's been removed , so's it cant be pinched ,

nice pics kev , like the buff orpington chicken  :)

Thanks MJB,

It was a good holiday! I like Whitby....