Three Gang Ballast Roles

FW

cheers Will, so they hinge then ;)....

get to it Blake ;):) (or MJB when he's moved house ;))

Your welcome. I thought that the arms folded up at a 90 degree angle for transport, but after looking closely at the photos I can't see how they could. :-\

Can anyone butt-in with their tuppence worth? ;)

Going by the second picture, I'd say that the bolt at the front of the brace is a replacement for a pin that would have been there originally, I say this because you can't see the bottom of the bolt now so I don't think it would be factory.

With that bolt/pin out, the whole brace and arm would swing around 180 degrees and the pin sticking out of the rear frame of the roller would locate through the hole half way along the swinging arm.

Pretty slick set-up. Is it a Twose Will?  :)

Can anyone butt-in with their tuppence worth? ;)

Going by the second picture, I'd say that the bolt at the front of the brace is a replacement for a pin that would have been there originally, I say this because you can't see the bottom of the bolt now so I don't think it would be factory.

With that bolt/pin out, the whole brace and arm would swing around 180 degrees and the pin sticking out of the rear frame of the roller would locate through the hole half way along the swinging arm.

Pretty slick set-up. Is it a Twose Will?  :)

I think you could be right there Adam. :o:);) As for make I have no idea. :-\

What width would they be when they are in the working position Will  ???

Erm didn't pace them to be honest, but at a guess I'd say they were 2m sections, so 6m in total, which is about 20ft. ;)

What is the transport position. ???

Do all three sit behind each other  :-\

Yes and as you can probably tell from Marcus's post above it is not an easy task to get them into that position, the damn things are like a supermarket trolley :-\ ::):D :D

Yes and as you can probably tell from Marcus's post above it is not an easy task to get them into that position, the damn things are like a supermarket trolley :-\ ::):D :D

But even more awkward and a helluva lot heavier... :(:D

we had that set up for the cambridge rollers at cricket court , was forever trying to reverse the front ones for the last one , always ended up manhandling the last one into place  >:(  come the end i kept a rope in the cab when using the loader tractor .as i just tied the rope to the roller & the other end went under the tractor & tied to the loader , lift the loader & hey presto  :D

we had that set up for the cambridge rollers at cricket court , was forever trying to reverse the front ones for the last one , always ended up manhandling the last one into place  >:(  come the end i kept a rope in the cab when using the loader tractor .as i just tied the rope to the roller & the other end went under the tractor & tied to the loader , lift the loader & hey presto  :D

Thats a good way of doing it! :D

Not sure if i'm being stupid but have never used such a set up...

Why can't you hitch two together then reverse the last one to the pair, thus only having one to reverse at a time? ???

Thats a good way of doing it! :D

Not sure if i'm being stupid but have never used such a set up...

Why can't you hitch two together then reverse the last one to the pair, thus only having one to reverse at a time? ???

if only it was that easy ,

you'd have to unhitch the main roller , hitch up a small roller , & hitch the two small ones together, unhitch the small roller , the hitch up the main again & the back up to hitch the smaller ones behind , too much messing about for my likeing  :-\

if only it was that easy ,

you'd have to unhitch the main roller , hitch up a small roller , & hitch the two small ones together, unhitch the small roller , the hitch up the main again & the back up to hitch the smaller ones behind , too much messing about for my likeing  :-\

See your point, The loader way must be easier :)

shame that 9 times out of 10 i didn't have a loader , so just tested my patience trying to reverse two rollers onto one , some days it was easy other days the frustration get the better of you :-\

but at least the cambridge rolls are lighter to move by hand than ballast ones  ;)

shame that 9 times out of 10 i didn't have a loader , so just tested my patience trying to reverse two rollers onto one , some days it was easy other days the frustration get the better of you :-\

but at least the cambridge rolls are lighter to move by hand than ballast ones  ;)

True but our set were 26 inch diameter ones so were damned heavy to man-handle. I wish i had a pound for every time that I swore at them whilst trying to gang them up to move them about, un-folding them was easy, no hardship there if you got it right

but why do you need to back with two rollers, when we used gang rollers you drove round in a special way (figure of 8 :-\) and if you were good you didnt have to back or anything, the arms etc fell into place, i keep trying to get it as a yfc tractor driving comp as no one ever uses them properly anymore like this they either back or use the teleporter as we now do :o

but why do you need to back with two rollers, when we used gang rollers you drove round in a special way (figure of 8 :-\) and if you were good you didnt have to back or anything, the arms etc fell into place, i keep trying to get it as a yfc tractor driving comp as no one ever uses them properly anymore like this they either back or use the teleporter as we now do :o

That works fine when you are setting them out in the field but when you have to close them up it doesn't, not for anyone I know anyway