down at smurfs

SMurF

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully im trying to recreate the farm were i work in 1/32

well the old brick sheds and barns in the yard

there is 7 main sheds + pig sty's and bull pen    the house is just going to be a solid box if i get around to it

2 completed +1 half done so far :)

to be honest the buildings i'm making are useless for 1/32 models

nothing much can get in them  same as real life i suppose

but it all adds to the effect besides ive never seen an old farm without there old fashioned sheds made for the days when all the work was carried out manually so there was no need for tractor access so even if they are not usable they look the part on a display :) :)

Was working out how much it would cost for me to make one of these things and make a proffit

The barn i'm just doing has took about 6 hours so far with materials and time i shold think no one would like to buy them

when it's covered and finished it will have cost me about ?30 so add time to that and youre talking about 90 quid minimum

so allas I can't see me produceing them for sale in the near future    SORRY

SMURF

• 3 weeks later...

Am a little dormant with the buildings at the mo  will get more done after xmas period when funds allow for more cladding

and when the wife lets me back in the living room to do some building :D;D no chance at the moment :'(

Am a little dormant with the buildings at the mo? ?will get more done after xmas period when funds allow for more cladding

and when the wife lets me back in the living room to do some building :D;D no chance at the moment :'(

yeah i know the feeling, was hoping to do loads these last two weeks but done bugger all really! :D :D :D

Am a little dormant with the buildings at the mo? ?will get more done after xmas period when funds allow for more cladding

Nice additions Smurf, I do like that Keenan forage box. Don't have any cattle though so it won't be coming my way for a while yet!! Like the Massey too, I think my collection needs an injection of the red stuff. That JCB should get you out of your dormant patch with the building program too!!

• 3 weeks later...

All this building that everyone else is doing is starting to get the juises flowing again

woh bettide the dining table  time to get going again  If er indoors doesn't mind too much ;D:D;D:D;)

Archived