Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tris, Tris, Tris

This thread is nearly as good as mine!  ;D

Only joking buddy, this is far better than any of my camera work, nice to see the blue side to contracting aswell, opposed to all the green we have! I especially like the silage pics! Thanks for posting them! One more thing, have you got any pictures of the HS2000 on the back of a baler?

Thanks folks! :)

It has been out Luke but I wasn't raking that day. I will strive to get some though. As it is, Pete has managed 99 in an hour. Never quite done the hundred with it much to his annoyance. It has done 40,000 bales and is 6yrs old believe it or not!

Cheers guys :) Got another first cut tomorrow, a second cut on Monday then I'm away from it to help Tracis dad while the gang do the last farm on first cut. Sunday I'm trailer swapping for a trailed gang 8)

Ha! You dirty boy ED! :D

Love it Sean, it's the best getting paid to do something I enjoy. I'm lucky to have a working 'with' relationship rather than 'for' with my employers.

Thanks Bas, when you get a view point and a clear day Wiltshire does show itself off to the camera very well.

:) :)

8360 is nearing 7 or 8000 now Mart. Another TM165 eith fron suspension may be joining us towards the end of the year and a tough decision needs making. A versatile loader tractor has to go, or a firm favourite in the 8340 has to go. . . Sounds daft but it's a discussion we have very regulary and never seem to be persuaded as to which one to chop in.

Graham, erm.. . we may have  :-\ , to be honest I saw quite a few deer last year but not so many this year. Was raking at a farm shop today where they raise their own venison and the two huge Stags were there watching us. What some animals they are!

Good update there Tris, in the last set of pics that pit man is making one fine job of that pit  :o credit to him as its very hard to do with a front mounted buckrake  8)

thanks for sharing  ;)

Thanks, Muzzer mate. It's a much better way of doing it but it is said that it is harder to finish off the front of a clamp due to not being able to grade the slope very well due to lift hieght. One of those things though, as an outfit we would struggle to utilise a shovel all year round and justify the expense. Whereas the tractors are busy all the time so to stick a buckrake on the front is the most cost effective way of putting a 150hp machine on a clamp while still having the tractor to use in the rest of the business.  :)

Thanks, Muzzer mate. It's a much better way of doing it but it is said that it is harder to finish off the front of a clamp due to not being able to grade the slope very well due to lift height. One of those things though, as an outfit we would struggle to utilise a shovel all year round and justify the expense. Whereas the tractors are busy all the time so to stick a buckrake on the front is the most cost effective way of putting a 150hp machine on a clamp while still having the tractor to use in the rest of the business.  :)

Muzzer, i think i will use that from now on  :P:D, yeah your right there Tris you do miss finishing of the front of a pit but we usually go on the pit with the manitou when buckrake is just finshing so we can get that finish, aye our contractor said he would of had a loading shovel but he could not justify it throughout the year, so the 6830 works fine as she spreads slurry after silage, carts grain, bales, ploughs, spreads fertilizer, so basically we need it  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick pic as the tractors up at the log/baling contractor were lined up posing for it this morning. TM150 to the left, then TM140, TS115 and TM155.

The TS is an ex CNH fitters own tractor he hires out as he runs himself as a self employed ag engineer now. Handy for our area as he is half the hourly rate and product trained.

post-227-132639115951_thumb.jpg

Archived