Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i asume looking at that garb its a side on holder tris?? not from above, can honestly say i have never seen one of these working, just heard about them,certainly looks a good idea, 21 a go . can they get stacked then shifted in the bale trailers then?? 

• 2 weeks later...

Monday at last saw me cutting some winter barley at a customers' farm. Only 30 acres which was started Sunday late afternoon. Didn't start off to bad, topping three tonne and acre. Then I moved up on to some green sand where the yield never reaches a fantastic figure so little input is put into the crop. The field I cut after this one was like set-a-side. It was a job to know which there was more of, weed or unfit barley!!

Anyway, Traci came out for a ride around the field and took a few photos.  :)

post-227-132639378236_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639378253_thumb.jpg

Ooo you lucky beggar.. I can smell the dust and hear the roar from here... make the hairs on my neck stand on end  :of:)

Great pics traci... thanks for taking them for us....

Much loss over the walkers then Tris ???... does she not have a grain loss monitor fitted ???

Nice pictures Tris :)

grain loss monitors can't be trusted all the time Marky, its possible in a crop of small shrivelled grain to blow them clean over top of the loss monitoring boards with the cleaning fan and into the straw, result being electronics say no losses when in actual fact you have very high losses just as an example

It does have them fitted, Mark. Once set up they are quite accurate... unless the crop gets heavy, light, you change speed, moisture goes up or down. ... I don't know what newer combines are like or how they cope with all the changing factors but truth be known, I like to get off and have a look. It's the only way you know for sure. It also shows a little willingness towards doing a good job. I often get off if I unload on the headland too and just listen to it running.

Sieves were running clean as a whistle but there was a little (acceptable) loss over the walkers.

Thanks chaps  :)

tidy looking machine that tx tris, and a good looking crop to, surprised trac let you in the straw mind, especially without a pole and flag on your back, imagine if you fell in properly to that thick bit, they might never have found you ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmmm more than likely a yellow one I expect. You just never know though. I was pleased to be working with the Bandits as I have seen them around but never photographed them. ....

Now then, grab your lady by the hand .... Dosey doh!

Deere-est and the Bandits!!

• 1 month later...

Better have a square up then before I add the photos of where I am currently working!

Here, Traci again behind the camera and taking some photos of me cutting the only piece of oilseed rape I cut this year. We dropped the straw for baling as the farmer wanted it, although there was not a lot there. I cut lower than normal but not too much to hold up forward speed. The crop had been sprayed with 'Pod Stick' when it was dessicated which, in this case, helped no end as the reel was in the crop more than normal.

Nice shot of the clouds swirling over Salisbury Plain too.

post-227-132639445967_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263944599_thumb.jpg

Couple more...

Those with a keen eye will spot the lack of a side knife - we instead opted for a piece of pipe bent up in the air and joined into the crop divider tube. It worked very well with very few pods seen on the floor as you do with a side knife and also when you looked down the side of the crop there were very very few white, open shells. Partly due to the bar but I would guess as much of that was due to the Pod Stick.

post-227-132639446006_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639446027_thumb.jpg

Last of the wheat now, us younguns did the rant and tear trailering job as it was a rough old haul to a grain storage plant about 6miles away. I cut the linseed in this piece last year and it is a pretty little piece of old park land in Dilton Marsh. The wheat was a nice dry from the high 13's to the low 15%'s. Very dusty at times though!

post-227-132639446046_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639446064_thumb.jpg

Archived