Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And todays efforts. Ten mowers and a sprayer down near Witheridge and a Zetor, drag mowers and bale squeeze from a farm out on Witheridge Moor. Then down to a place near North Tawton to collect the little 575. The loader on Zetor was bad, most of the pipes were corroded and broken so the side of the lorry got a good pasting in hydraulic oil  >:( And it took a combination of crane, winch and Matbro to get the mowers up underneath like that but I new space would come at a premium later in the day!

post-227-132639802288_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639802294_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639802304_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639802337_thumb.jpg

Nice pics as always interesting to see  :)  Those drum mowers do they not have skirts or are they fitted by the dealer once delivered ? also are they new machines ? must still be a demand for them you seem to be moving a few. Regards to the tractors suprising how many are still hideing out there as you seem to keep finding them  :laugh: 

lovin the lanes tris  ;D ;D  now thats my kind of work  ::)  i like the ones it takes 20 mins to get to, 40 mins shunting to get near the bin , 5 mins to deliver then another 40 mins shunting to get out  ;D ;D

now then how many driving hours have i got left ?  ???;D ;D

where was the bridge ? & is that witheridge tractors you collect from ? they have an M A N unit dont they ?

Nice pictures as always interesting to see  :)  Those drum mowers do they not have skirts or are they fitted by the dealer once delivered ? also are they new machines ? must still be a demand for them you seem to be moving a few. Regards to the tractors suprising how many are still hideing out there as you seem to keep finding them  :laugh:

Thanks buddy  :) On the back of the rigid you'll see a pallet infront of the spray tank. This is the tops and the skirts for the two sizes of mowers. They come to the yard like that and only get built up for private sellers. For the trade they go out in 'kit' as do the sprayers. As far as finding the tractors, I am still surprised they keep turning up too. I havn't logged what I have hauled back to the yard since October but if the weekly average is say 6 (sometimes it is 12 or more!) than that's . ... hang on. ... 168! Which of course is a great number for MF too  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lovin the lanes tris  ;D ;D  now thats my kind of work  ::)  i like the ones it takes 20 mins to get to, 40 mins shunting to get near the bin , 5 mins to deliver then another 40 mins shunting to get out  ;D ;D

now then how many driving hours have i got left ?  ???;D ;D

where was the bridge ? & is that witheridge tractors you collect from ? they have an M A N unit dont they ?

They do indeed but it was another chap up the road nearer Witheridge where the mowers went. The Zetor came from a farm a mile or two down the lane opposite Witheridge Garage (lane beside The Mountpleasant Inn). Those lines get a little wider each time I go down there! :D Oh and the bridge was Culmstock me old mate.  :)

I did not get any photos of the silage gang but Howards had their silage done yesterday and today by a local contractor featured in Classic Tractor for his 40 series fleet. The gang on silage was made up of an 8240 with a Liner 880, Claas Jag 820 and three 8340's on 12t Richard Western trailer's

While on the pit was a new addition. . ... and what a minter she is too!!

post-227-132639812456_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639812471_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639812477_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639812489_thumb.jpg

I've only ever seen one other and that was on an MF390 I think it was, like this one anyway.

http://www.ejtractors.co.uk/index.php/2011/05/1996-moffett-loader-cw-mf390-12-x-12-shuttle/

It had a larger capacity than last years 8340 with front buckrake but a larger forager/more trailers I reckon would have bogged it down. It wasn't very quick! Nice to see something different though all the same.  :)

ah ha i remember that contractor hes the one with the county 1174 as well he used to have a NH TS125a or a TS135A and the sold it and got 2 NH 8340s or somthing like that  ;D couls you get some more picture of this contractors some time for us to take a look at please  :)

Thanks David. I knackered my nice camera by taking it to work so I only use a little Canon pocket camera now. Photos are by oppurtunity rather than plan but it gives a good snapshot of my days at least. The Moffet is indeed a mint example.

Great a Moffett, so glad to see another one. Our neighbour had two one after the other - a Massey 390 based one and a 40 series Ford based one and they always fascinated me. That one looks to be in very good nick Tris.

On another note love the lorry load of Massey 500 series tractors  :)

That's the very same bud. Before the Moffet arrived there was apparantly talk of an 8340 being reversed. He's a very mechanically minded chap who can just about put his hand to anything with a nut and bolt on it!

• 2 weeks later...

The artic loaded with cabs to go for scrap, early a.m photo before going of in the rigid to pick up some other gear.

Which consisted of a seized Massey and a detached loader from a little lock up near The Jamaica Inn and an old Bedford chassis cab which needed shortening to get it all on, from Bude.

post-227-132639828154_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639828163_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639828201_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639828212_thumb.jpg

Archived