Silage and peas, in Suffolk

Belarusfan

Nice pictures,the viners look tidy as. :)

nice pics, keep us updated :) :) :)

They will be striking up tomorrow (Monday) so you might get some 'action' photos too.

That would be lovely :) On the field they are in on my photos? What sort of time please? :)

They should be starting up about 11am ish, depending on how my group gets on first thing.  If anyone is near Blaxhall (of the A12 near Does) then the group I look after will be starting at 7.15 am.

They should be starting up about 11am ish, depending on how my group gets on first thing.  If anyone is near Blaxhall (of the A12 near Does) then the group I look after will be starting at 7.15 am.

Crikey that's a bit close to home :o :o My Dad's worked for Kerr Farms all his life ::) ::)::)

Crikey that's a bit close to home :o :o My Dad's worked for Kerr Farms all his life ::) ::)::)

My group is starting up on one of Kerrs fields next to the railway crossing on the road to John Kerrs' house

Who's lorries cart the pea's up to Lowestoft these days?

When I first passed my HGV I used to drive an old Volvo F86 on peas for Derek Spall on nights ::) ::)::) ::)

P.S I think Dad is verge trimming with his New Holland TM155 on row-crops say hello if you see him ;) ;)

Job to know about the lorries because I don't know who is being brought on tomorrow, also my group is not working in its usual patch so I don't know the lorries too well.  Some of the lorries that are used have been about since the dinosaurs :D

Who's lorries cart the pea's up to Lowestoft these days?

When I first passed my HGV I used to drive an old Volvo F86 on peas for Derek Spall on nights ::) ::)::) ::)

P.S I think Dad is verge trimming with his New Holland TM155 on row-crops say hello if you see him ;) ;)

Sounds like another nice photo opportunity :)

Could someone show me where they will be on http://www.flashearth.com please as I'm not really too familiar with East Suffolk? :-[:-[

Job to know about the lorries because I don't know who is being brought on tomorrow, also my group is not working in its usual patch so I don't know the lorries too well.  Some of the lorries that are used have been about since the dinosaurs :D

I know what you mean there mate......Up here there is a really nice, but pretty old Volvo with steel tipper body that is used...... :) :) :);)

Couldn't pin point it for you :-[  The best thing is to follow a pea lorry ;)  They will be coming south on the A12.  If you head for the BP garage in Stratford St. Andrew and point in the direction of Ipswich you wont have too long a wait before one comes along.  Remember that after about 10.30 they will be heading further south towards Martlesham.  Our lorries have split tanks so each will have a number on it and an A and B too.

Couldn't pin point it for you :-[  The best thing is to follow a pea lorry ;)  They will be coming south on the A12.  If you head for the BP garage in Stratford St. Andrew and point in the direction of Ipswich you wont have too long a wait before one comes along.  Remember that after about 10.30 they will be heading further south towards Martlesham.  Our lorries have split tanks so each will have a number on it and an A and B too.

Thanks Andy :) :) :) Hopefully i'll be able to catch both groups. Which plant are the peas going to? One at Lowestoft? Do you know if anyone else is starting yet? Thank you again :)

some of the peas have only just been sown round here :o they are the last to be harvested around here, we have 2 gangs in the area, one group (swaythorpe growers) run 3 ploegers and the other group (was quanbys) have 3 fmc's and a spare one, both gangs have a compressor, water bowser and steam cleaners and huge mobile workshops

some of the peas have only just been sown round here :o they are the last to be harvested around here, we have 2 gangs in the area, one group (swaythorpe growers) run 3 ploegers and the other group (was quanbys) have 3 fmc's and a spare one, both gangs have a compressor, water bowser and steam cleaners and huge mobile workshops

There are still a few fields around here waiting to be put into beans......This is the latest I've seen fields left empty for a long time...... :o :o :o;)