new ford 5000

well as far as i can see the only good detailing for this model comes from the grill , engine detail & bonnet.

no steering, absolutely no backend detail , poor roof profile on the cab, no rear lights or indicators, & the dual britains /ertl hitch that looks awfull  :( :( :(

you shouldn't have to take a new model apart to make it look right  >:(

i'm happy i've ordered two ftf ones simply for what they represent :)

Totally agree with the latter comments from MJB1, why buy a model and feel it needs to be changed straight away - and I agreee it does need changing but for that reason I don't fancey buying one!!. It's nothing short of awful, there is no back end detail whatsoever - lights, numberplate, plough lamp...  . the hitch is just a laughing stock. It looks rediculous with that great big swivelly flappy tongue on the back. The detail on the whole tractor isn't great but it looks like they gave up at the windscreen. >:(

first point to remember, its a toy, not a collcetors item, so deatil we cant always have, but they set a standard with the jd 4020, they must uphold, even a simple steering axel would have helped,just about every model will need extra detail due to the toy factor we have to accept this point even the seed drills so we must accept this point

but rc2 must accept they must get the base model right, which in this case they have well 75% of it to me anyway

Fair enough comments from Sean there. Why start promisingly with the engine detail etc and then stop half way through. I think as with every single model coming out of the Britians stable of late, the big thing is the hitch. Come on guys, you can do better. . .you have done for 40 odd years!!! ::)>:(

Fair enough comments from Sean there. Why start promisingly with the engine detail etc and then stop half way through. I think as with every single model coming out of the Britians stable of late, the big thing is the hitch. Come on guys, you can do better. . .you have done for 40 odd years!!! ::)>:(

they have Tris but Siku enhanced it ;) ;) (UH doesnt count ;))

Not sure but seeing as they have made a 135 I wouldn't want it to look like they were just revamping the old range, be nice to continue the classics in some way shape or form though.

I reckon they'd better get in quick mate... before another maker steals the limelight  ;)

Just been looking over the new 5000 and the detail is very good until you come to the seat and the hitch. The cab is quite good as it is glazed and has a metal roof and the addition of the foot steps on each side is good so are the decals and the grille. The lack of rear lighting lets it down a tad but as said in previous posts, room for improvement by converters. Sill a good model overall though, be interesting to see later in the year what the 7000 will be like.

85 series came out in 1981

caseih  took over november 1984 so you had a

good 2 1/2 years of IH livery before caseih liverey

then in 1986 they gave the whole 85 range a facelift

a new grille and a new improved subframe front

so the 1984-1986 85 series are quite rare as they

where just re painted IHs realy