new ford 5000

well i bought a blue,and a blue that showed some promise from the pre release pics. great detailing on it, engine wise,  and wheels look spot on for the tractor,cabs a little basic inside, and lots of plastic surrounds on it,not sure if thats on the real one, i dont think so? although i am sure the ford guys can confirm that for me

could have done with maybe a set of add on mirrors to please the more older members like the nh combines have??? although i am sure we will see convo sets appearing soon.

however  mainly let down by the non steering front axel, why oh why go and get it 75% right then let yourselfs down buy doing this rc2/mr varley, even with a quick glance i can tell its do-able ,with no more than the front axel you have fitted, and the tops of the jd 4020 axel,hardley a major price issue when you make the parts anyway

please note this isnt a major slagging off, just a niggle that to me ruins a good model, with a lot of promise for the up coming 7000,if you can sort the axel probs

over all a 7.5 /10 from me, front axel being the down point

5000c.jpg

5000b.jpg

5000d.jpg

5000a.jpg

ok whos going to be the first to dismantle her

and stick a bubble cab on and change the decals to 4600 5600 7600

and put latter grill decal on  :D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

its apart now and front axels marked for cutting, recon it may be do-able even with whats there also tried the ford tw cab and arches on it, looks pretty good in that format to

its apart now and front axels marked for cutting, recon it may be do-able even with whats there also tried the ford tw cab and arches on it, looks pretty good in that format to

trust you  :D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D im after a back pannel for my bubble cabbed

ford and lights might ring dave purdue ;) ;)

back on topic will the old stuff fit o :'(n the rear hitch like the tedder

and sprayer and shawnee dumper

cheers for posting sean good review  ;)

Thanks for the review Sean baby  ;)

Britains have failed to deliver mine today as expected by hey I can wait  ;);D

I agree its a real shame about the front axle and hitch but on Monday it will become my 100th Ford based tractor  ;)

Thanks for the review and excellent selection of pictures you've posted up. The engine detail looks to be very good as are the decals and front grille. The front axle is very accurate even if it doesn't steer. The only little items missing are lights and indicators on the wings which I thought I saw on prototype model pictures and the two triangular support brackets at the front of the cab cast into chassis. These can be found on older Ford 5000 and 6600 cab models. Mirrors would have been a nice touch but remember this is also a kids toy so they would be the first thing broken off or eaten.

The plastic panel behind the seat would be a part of the de luxe cab which is meant to be on the 7000. This closed in the rear of cab at the bottom of lower back window section. It has probably been included in the 5000 as a cost saving to save making two different castings for the different cabs and models. Then there is that Britains/ RC2 combination hitch. The less said about the better   :-X

Actually ,the more I look at my new 5000,the more I like it.

I like the cab glass,the extra detailing compared to the old one and I like the front grille.Mine does seem to sag a little in the middle but I am going to see if I can alter it.Overall a nice addition to the range.

A new Powermajor or Supermajor from Britains would be nice in the future maybe . ;)

I like the cab glass,the extra detailing compared to the old one and I like the front grille.Mine does seem to sag a little in the middle but I am going to see if I can alter it.Overall a nice addition to the range.

A new Powermajor or Supermajor from Britains would be nice in the future maybe . ;)

As ive said before next I think a massey DB or IH ..I like the

majors BUT I think we need more manufactures variety

we have had allot of DEERES in the past now we have the

fords lets have another classic british tractor manufacturer

cheers nigel

As ive said before next I think a massey DB or IH ..I like the

majors BUT I think we need more manufactures variety

we have had allot of DEERES in the past now we have the

fords lets have another classic british tractor manufacturer

cheers nigel

Totaly agree would be nice to see other makes aswell, how about a crawler aswell?

ok whos going to be the first to dismantle her

and stick a bubble cab on and change the decals to [glow=red,2,300]4600[/glow] 5600 7600

and put latter grill decal on  :D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

4600 is a 3 cylinder and would take a lot of cutting to shorten it

Wouldn't mind in the future a 2000,3000 or 4000 ford being released as I can't remember britains doing one

its the arches that aint straght mate, they sit ever so high at the rear,  carefully remove them, and file the bottom fdown where they sit on the axel and the problems gone, as easy as that, they are about 1 mm - 2 mm to high,hence the weird optical look of sagging

well as far as i can see the only good detailing for this model comes from the grill , engine detail

no steering, absolutely no backend detail , poor roof profile on the cab, no rear lights or indicators, & the dual britains /ertl hitch that looks awfull  :( :( :(

its the arches that aint straght mate, they sit ever so high at the rear,  carefully remove them, and file the bottom fdown where they sit on the axel and the problems gone, as easy as that, they are about 1 mm - 2 mm to high,hence the weird optical look of sagging

you shouldn't have to take a new model apart to make it look right  >:(

i'm happy i've ordered two ftf ones simply for what they represent :)

mmmmmm....... Sean your right to complain, i do all the time about RC2 models.....until they get it right!.....WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!!.....Your losing the plot and with it more customers are getting frustrated >:(

Anybody tried the jd 4020 axle swap yet ?

If so ,any success ?

I am still scratching my head over it ! :-\

I have completely stripped my 5000 down so here goes..................... ;)

jd axels to small width wise, recon the exsisting one can be made to work with a few new bits,

mmmmmm....... Sean your right to complain, i do all the time about RC2 models.....until they get it right!.....WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!!.....Your losing the plot and with it more customers are getting frustrated >:(

i hope rc2 do see these comments, as the base model is a huge improvement over previous models, but they set the standard with the jd, so suerly they should be improving, not missing a bit on every model, it would be so simple to make it with just a few parts from the jd and the current mould