Whoopedeedoodah!! With the weather we've all had lately I dare say every one fo those wheels is needed. What an absoloute monster, looks the business big time. Some nice donar parts from the 1505 you have used to make this come together.

• 4 years later...

Massive Red Beast alert!!!!!  :of :of Awesome work, love this tractor only wish someone would do one for general release. Great work again!

Second that Lee. I have my fingers crossed we see a 5200 released as National Farm Toy Show model in the future. Until then i'll keep drooling over the sight of this awesome looking tractor. Fantastic work. 8) 

BUMP... too good to leave in the shadows... this topic deserves dusting off and revisiting  :-*

What a peach - do you still have it Allis ???

Yes still got it Mark, lurking in the cabinet, but, is it really four years since I posted this ,where does the time go. Thanks for all the very nice remarks , I've got the bits stashed carefully away to build an Agcostar, the next stage so to speak ,in MF artic development, must get busy with it one of these days.

• 6 months later...

Well done David for finding this mate.. still one of my all time favourite bullds I think.. STUNNING

You're welcome Mark. Anyone with a penchant for these prairie monsters deserves the opportunity to drool over this beast. Fantastic model. 8)

Second that Lee. I have my fingers crossed we see a 5200 released as National Farm Toy Show model in the future. Until then i'll keep drooling over the sight of this awesome looking tractor. Fantastic work. 8)

......and just to reiterate my previous comment in here.....Please Ertl, you know it makes sense! :)

Ward McConnell bought the rights to the Massey Ferguson 4000 series of articulated tractors in 1988 having previously bought and then sold Marshall tractors. McConnell revised and upgraded the tractors to launch the 5200 in 1989 with two engine and transmission options. The tractors were sold exclusively under Massey Ferguson's name between 1989 and 1991.

McConnell then launched it's own pair of tractors known as the McConnell Marc 900 and 1000 based on the 5200. They were made between 1991 and 1994 before they were bought out by AGCO who then re-launched the tractors again under the Agcostar banner.

(Information: Ultimate Tractor Power Volume Two - Peter D. Simpson )

The tractor in the photograph you've kindly posted Lee, appears to be a 425hp 1000 model.