Graham's Work

graham

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that one simon is second hand apart from the feeders they are new , this farm will keep it clean had to put a pressure hose system in as well , still got one more pipe to put in for the milk that they dump do that next week  ;)

Great parlour you have build there Graham. Only i don't like feeders in the parlour ( cows getting nervous).

texas

seeing quite a few parlours being fitted without feeders , & going for the OPF option , do all your instalations have feeders graham , or you just install whats wanted

i will some more pics up later matty of dump line , some have feeders some dont marcus ,the next one we are doing has feeders then one without , the last one we done had two banks of out of parlour feeders in the yards so a good mixture really ,we have a big rapid exit parlour to install later on in the year that will have feeding on it and they all lift up to let the cows exit should be good

here you go matty

DSCF3901.jpg

the dump line will go into the large glass jar above the green cover which has the milk pump under it we have already got the vaccum to the jar just need to put the pipe in the middle of the parlour make two clusters up we have already put the cluster holders in so they can be washed , add the pipe out to the dairy to get the milk into a churn , then make that pipe join to the wash trough and that is it they are going to take the pipes of the pulsator in the pit to get pulseation to the dump clusters , hope it makes a bit of sense matty ;)

DSCF3909.jpg

DSCF3908.jpg

DSCF3902.jpg

DSCF3907.jpg

i think the bottom line in this topic graham , is that although farmers do find it hard going financialy,there are still a fair few out there investing in new parlours despite the ever fluctuating milk prices .

i myself deliver to quite new & uptodate parlour systems & a lot of them are going for the NZ style of parlours .

do me a favour though will you graham, when they put down acres of concrete yard for the front of the dairy for the tanker drivers can you give them a nudge to put a few acres down for the feed delivery drivers as well ::)

i also see alot of this as well

tanker drivers = clean concrete with good access to the bulk tank

feed drivers = ankle deep slurry on dirt coverd aggegate quite inaccsessable for vehicles to the bin !

we are very busy at the moment have not stopped putting new parlours in since november 2007  :o but before then we had not put one in since 2004 so i had to find other things to do , but i should think this will be me now no more career moves for me ,we have five parlours to put in this year and one slurry store and silo both permastore some will be contracted out not enough men , you mean concrete like this marcus just enough for bin you walk in mud  :-\ oh and trip over stuff that we left behind

DSCF3914.jpg

we cover most things tris but try to stay away from the building side of things but we offer advice many times to builders they may be able to build houses but differant thing on farms 44 tonne lorrys turning , tons and tons of cows walking over bits of concrete which are also bad with the toilet habits  ;) i did get the links marcus thanks seen the way boys around a lot cheers

few more ,i thought i would snap this as there is a model coming out of similar i belive

DSCF3926.jpg

and i dont think i have seen a JD with this type duncan cab before

DSCF3930.jpg

a few very early self propelled new holland forage harvesters and swathers they use them for harvesting and cutting lucerne

DSCF3927.jpg

DSCF3928.jpg

DSCF3929.jpg

a nice straight fergi to

DSCF3932.jpg

had to unload this the other day all the steelwork for a rapid exit westfalia parlour that came over from australia will be fitting it later on in the year in a new building

DSCF3934.jpg

DSCF3936.jpg

DSCF3937.jpg

nice new spreader bet it does not look like that now

DSCF3939.jpg

DSCF3940.jpg

DSCF3944.jpg

they only do the steelwork for the rapid exit and rotary parlours ,tris all the herringbone steelwork is bent in france ,must be a fair cost to getting it here but they want quality it comes at a price fella as you no  ;) ;)

for us steve its herringbones we look after five rotaries but i have only fitted one about 8years ago ,but we got some big jobs coming up greenfeild sites so hopefully get to do another rotary in a couple of years ,we just lost one in kent they went for alfa laval but you can not do it all

Archived