Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow garret, stop showing us the real stuff and get to the model farm would you? Imressive work as allways, allways interesting to see what you've been doing on your farm.  :)

oh i'm giving up with my display  :'( :'( thats excellent garret how did you get depth with that gr8 ditch.

Mark I'm building on a raised platform about 20inchs of the floor so i can cut into the platform to make ditches. The grass verge is raised by putting the plaster underneat and leveling it towards the ditch as you go ramp up the plaster to form the ditch bank.

Wow garret, stop showing us the real stuff and get to the model farm would you? Imressive work as allways, allways interesting to see what you've been doing on your farm.  :)

Thanks mate, I'm suprised myself, at how the detail is working out just trying different things as I go. The lane in the top picture should be finished tomorrow evening. Just have to blind it and add a bit of grass to the centre.

Tidy G man

You can get wee heater things to kill damp

They look like long tubes (come in different szes) + use low current

Must try that. had a look around a diy store today, probably going to use hardboard with fibreglass behind it.

Ok I know it's getting boring but here's the finished lane blinded and grass added to centre, with a Fendt hauling one of Ricky's Krone 30ft rakes.

Made the lanes using PVA Glue for abase then sprinkled cat litter over the glus, leave it for a day or2 then brush the lose stuff off leaving a bit in the centre for the grass. Then use fine sand to blind the lane. Then sprinkle scatter in the centre.

post-77-132638549881_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638549883_thumb.jpg

In no way getting boring Garret, amazing work!! I'm depressed now...how the hell am I supposed to do a half decent job on my 32nd farmyard after seeing that?  :'(

Ok I know it's getting boring but here's the finished lane blinded and grass added to centre, with a Fendt hauling one of Ricky's Krone 30ft rakes.

Made the lanes using PVA Glue for abase then sprinkled cat litter over the glus, leave it for a day or2 then brush the lose stuff off leaving a bit in the centre for the grass. Then use fine sand to blind the lane. Then sprinkle scatter in the centre.

Looks great Garret, I'm sure your description of how it's done will be help others no end.  :)

Tim never did anything like this before myself. The way I went about it was looking at what's around in the real world and thought of ways to scale it down. it's all trial and error ;)

Always a treat to view smallclaas farms. Great job Garrett, this is one of my fav posts :)

Thanks Britfarmer. it's great to get feedback.

no way

I love coming into see what you have done next.

cant wait for the finished layout

onto the litter without bonding or did you spray some PVA/water mix??

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the trick is to add a little washing up liquid to the PVA/water mix.  It breaks the surface tension and allows the mix to be absorbed easier without moving the litter.

I placed the PVA straight onto the base board and sprinkled the litter on to it. I left the PVA unmixed so it would act like tar and the chips could sink into it. I have a big 5 Gallon drum of PVA I'm trying to use up so no mixing.

Archived