I NEED SOME HELP FROM YOU FORD PEOPLE

ok u went to my local New Holland Dealer to get some FORD Tractor Blue i come home and its completly different to the FORD 5000

on the can it has

New Holland

Ford Tractor Blue

Part # 9973513

c/code 6724

heres a pic

WHATTHE.jpg

cheers

Reece

think the best way would be is ask the dealer for a match to the year/range e.g. 1971 ford 5000 and they should be able to get the right shade of blue ;) if not I'm sure someone on here will tell you the nearest match to use (like car spray paints) have you tried a test piece on some spare metal/plastic as it might dry a slightly differant shade to whats on the can ;)

think the best way would be is ask the dealer for a match to the year/range e.g. 1971 ford 5000 and they should be able to get the right shade of blue ;) if not I'm sure someone on here will tell you the nearest match to use (like car spray paints) have you tried a test piece on some spare metal/plastic as it might dry a slightly shade to whats on the can ;)

no i havnt tryed it yet but i know the TSA New Holland is about the right colour

but i thort ford blue would cover all of them obviously not

F-P i think may know the Halford paint number (which may not be easy for you) :-\ :-\, sure he had some before?? ???

If not as Deerepower said is the easiest option....

Halfords can colour match over here cant they?? :-\....if you fancied taking the tractor in thats all to your nearest shop :D:-\ :-\ :-\

do they have Halfords in South Australia? :-\

[glow=red,2,300]

F-P i think may know the Halford paint number (which may not be easy for you) :-\ :-\, sure he had some before?? ???

If not as Deerepower said is the easiest option....

Halfords can colour match over here cant they?? :-\....if you fancied taking the tractor in thats all to your neasst shop :D:-\ :-\ :-\

he means me but i didnt state in my post that you had a Halfords!!, i said

Halfords can colour match over here cant they?? ....if you fancied taking the tractor in thats all to your nearest shop   :D  

so there is no numpty award!

he means me but i didnt state in my post that you had a Halfords!!, i said

Halfords can colour match over here cant they?? ....if you fancied taking the tractor in thats all to your nearest shop   :D  

so there is no numpty award!

ha ha! didnt catch that

u silly billy

if you spray any ford tractor pre sq cab then the colour needs to be lighter , ford decided to use a darker blue when the 2nd gen 10 series tractors came out  ;)

This is about as good as advice gets here. The colour has been changed so many times in the last 30+ years ( lost count ) as said in above posting you  could try asking for a paint to match a given year of manufacture to get the right colour. I do recall that my TS 115 was a lighter blue than the Ford 7840 SL DP it replaced that was a change from 1995 to 2002. Best ask a dealership storeman for advice on colour matching for you project  :)

This is about as good as advice gets here. The colour has been changed so many times in the last 30+ years ( lost count ) as said in above posting you  could try asking for a paint to match a given year of manufacture to get the right colour. I do recall that my TS 115 was a lighter blue than the Ford 7840 SL DP it replaced that was a change from 1995 to 2002. Best ask a dealership storeman for advice on colour matching for you project  :)

hey if i knew more , i'd say more , but i can only pass on information that i know  ;)

i know this sounds silly but have you actually sprayed a tset bit to see what it actually comes out like, it can be very difficult to make a plastic part match colour wise ,which is why a lot of paint comes with just plain white tops  on it,i have a tin of nh yellow which the top looks very dark on, but when you spray it onto a test bit all primed ect ready, it comes out just like the yellow in the pics

a prime example is all the different shades of red the britains mf 760 combine came out in ,puerly down to different batches of red dye for the palstic, the top you have may well be the same thing

If i remember correctly Ford blue is totally different to New holland blue

My 5610 may have faded but the neighbours brand new jobby is one hell of a lot darker

There is only one true way of getting a perfect match paint colour and that is to go to an auto spray shop and have it digitally matched and then mixed

cost a fortune (unless you know someone in the buisiness) for a litre but it would last a long time if kept corectly

New Holland "new" blue I'm told is also referred to as Millenium blue so I guess started in 2000. There was a noticeable change on the first "A" series tractors 8970A etc.being brighter than previous and referred to as such in the farming press at the time.

I understood that from '64 (first of the '000 range ) 'til then it was all FORD TRACTOR BLUE but of course batches have always varied before computer matching came about. I know Dennis Goodburn used to have trouble with shades varying ( he used genuine FORD TRACTOR Blue aerosols) when he resprayed Britains, but there again their shades varied greatly over the years too.

Plastic aerosol caps are never going to be representative of the contents unless oversprayed with it.