FB's Barns

FB

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the forklift and JCB are used to support the horizontal members when i glue them as i'm not sure what else to use!! ;):) :)....or the best way to build it ???. Usually start with one bay flat and fix the purlins, then fix the other frame to that on top......if that makes sense ??? ???

only my first attempt....still not sure how to clad it, paint it, do the door...i know how i can extend it though!. Not going for to much detail as most will be covered!

total time........ less than cooking a roast dinner! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Think i`ll try MDF for my next lot of sheds :)

I made a modelfarm for fp jnr about 8-9 years back using mdf covered with the paper used for dolls houses, he still has them all in one piece.  ;)

If I was making something from scratch in the way of barns, i would probably use it for some if not all of the construction, a lot stronger.

I made a modelfarm for fp jnr about 8-9 years back using mdf covered with the paper used for dolls houses, he still has them all in one piece. ;)

dunno about the sheds but my kids will be lucky to last 8-9 year the way they`re going !

Swap my kids for your sheds fp? ;)

I made a modelfarm for fp jnr about 8-9 years back using mdf covered with the paper used for dolls houses, he still has them all in one piece. ;)

dunno about the sheds but my kids will be lucky to last 8-9 year the way they`re going !

Swap my kids for your sheds fp? ;)

Not a chance mate, enough with the one I have.... even worse, her in doors is broody.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Looks like idea has got a lot of potential

How about making a jig with a piece of ply and some panel pins. The 2 side and top H irons could then be glued on the flat.  Then pices the correct length used to suuport the pulins as they are glued in place. Might work no gaurantees

looking good ben,that scaleoox may be to thick for the base but i did find sheet breeze block the other day,in the train section of the local hobby shop,shows as 7mm paving but looks exactlly like the wall pannels on the old atcost buildings,might be worth a try,

Looks like idea has got a lot of potential

How about making a jig with a piece of ply and some panel pins. The 2 side and top H irons could then be glued on the flat.? Then pices the correct length used to suuport the pulins as they are glued in place. Might work no gaurantees

i kinda tried that (the little bits of wood near the forklift), its the first time so any advise is appreciated!  ;D. next time i'll build a better template!

i like the buying method....but there isnt one bi enough for the current combines....although the siku MF fits nicely under the old atcost! :) :) :)

true, we could do with our resident joiner [ OLD FORD ] taking up a bit of weekend modelling, and not the nude type again!  :D :D :D;)

might try that next time!!. this is a test proto, already found many ways not to do it!  :D :D :D

there was a nice older style barn on 'dadsmodels' or 'dadstractors'...cant remember the name....they make the small white metal tankers...very nice it was, GF was impressed...she is still learning! ;) ;) :) :) :)