FB's Barns

FB

Looking very nice ben  ;)

Loks allot better on a base board    the detailing is the important thing i feel  I have showed a few of my farmer friends photo's of my shed and some of them thought it was real so that is all that counts for scale buildings. When you put some tractors and stuff in them it gives a sence of achievement when it looks realistic. ;) ;)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers Smurf :) :)...its your fault! :D :D ::) ::)

yeah i cant wait until i can do the little details. Still thinking as i build though. hanging the door runners and cladding around it is my next problem to sketch out!

:'( :'(

I'm not posting pics of mine anymore.

Looking flipping good me old fruit. The bracing, stiffeners and purlins do add that high level of accuracy to the model. With yours and Smurf's on here and having cobbled together one myself; the next one is going to be better believe me. Mine looks like a burned out shell  that has been re-clad compared to yours!!!

if i said it was easy i would be telling porky pies!!! :) :) :)

It would help though having a good area to work in, like Markys garage!, as you have good light, space and the tools etc...and regular coffee!!. I cut my first bay on the dining table using that jig in the first photos (which will be made again properly next time ;D) and kind of made it up as i went along. I did try and plan it out first to be honest, i knew roughly the sizes i wanted to use from visual methods (looking at structures), and posting questions on here.

Only used a small hobby knife to cut the material as well, now i use a hobby saw. I tried to base it on a barn near to me but also use my working knowledge to put the finite details in, like the bracing, sectional purlins and stiffening plates....may not do all of that next time though! ???:-\ :-\? :) :)

Very honest & modest Ben ;)

Only once did i attempt to build such a beast for my eldest about 10 years back but never again it was a nightmare :'( :'(

• 1 month later...