The beginning of my shed . .

Deere-est

Cheers guys, :) :)

I will build a low wall around this yard and join it to my next board which will be a dutch barn possibly with a lean too. Using these blocks again I would like to build a farmhouse and garden to join the layout too. I forget what I ordered, I'll find out but this with plenty of left over pieces cost in the region of 20.00 inc glue and the board. The roof won't cost too much more.

They are great fun to work with and I have limited tooling, did it all with a craft knife, a plane, a 90deg corner guide and a pencil Oh and a hand drill for fixing it to the board.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a thought at the moment, a shed where I worked was built on them but yet at mates place the old dairy shed which would have been muckiy for most of it's life didn't, wil do a couple and see how it looks.

WHAT ABOUT STADLE STONES, THATS THREEEEE!!!

Good progress there Tris, but not sure that is how you spell mucky  :D :D :D :D :D :D

At FB's request here is my Plastruct shed at it's current stage. Require's boarding, one more roof ridge, painting the roof and the backside of the roof steels and the back wall fitting into place. Didn't do any of this with the aid of a jig or template (WISH I HAD!!!) but it hasn't turned out toooooooo bad!!

Very nice deerest

All these people wanting sheds like ours want to get building  it don't take much to do now they have a starting point with the pictures we and all the others have done

GO ON MAKE A SHED TO BE PROUD OF    am looking forwards to the results

Thanks Lads, sentiments greatly recieved!! You may change your mind if I took some close up's!! Smurf said in the early stages of my ched to make some kind of jig or template to work the span's too. I can only stress this is more imortant than you may think if you havn't built these types of buildings before. It's too easy to pick up the lastic make a few cut's, glue a few joint's and before you know it you have made half the shed, so make a jig and get it right!! **note to self, Listen to Smurf**!!!

Dr Do Little. . . .. ... No comment son!!! ;)

As for the storage of caravan's MJB, look in latest purchase'e. . .. .. may not have space!!

Oh and TM, that's the problem/godsend of this site. You see someone having a go at something and it get's yourself going a treat, flippin boys. . . . so competitive!!! ;)

Jig is a good idea...and a good made one at that! ;D ;D ;D

that's the first thing I'll do when i decide to start another,  :D :D ::) ::)

my bigger shed is kinda made on a jig but the last span was a bugger for me to set up right :D!....the tractor shed i just cut the verticals and glued the horizontals with no need for a jig deere-est. gluing the verticals to a board first is a good idea, you know its as good as square then! :D :D :D

Thanks Lads, sentiments greatly recieved!! You may change your mind if I took some close up's!! Smurf said in the early stages of my ched to make some kind of jig or template to work the span's too. I can only stress this is more imortant than you may think if you havn't built these types of buildings before. It's too easy to pick up the lastic make a few cut's, glue a few joint's and before you know it you have made half the shed, so make a jig and get it right!! **note to self, Listen to Smurf**!!!

Dr Do Little. . . .. ... No comment son!!! ;)

As for the storage of caravan's MJB, look in latest purchase'e. . .. .. may not have space!!

Oh and TM, that's the problem/godsend of this site. You see someone having a go at something and it get's yourself going a treat, flippin boys. . . . so competitive!!! ;)

it's weird mate was up in the loft putting some bits away ,and thought thoses bales need covering and bang up go your pics and set my mind off