The beginning of my shed . .

Deere-est

Here's a few closer pics of the complete wall and the apex. I have used Evo-stick as it is what was in the draw at the time. A bit gooey but it seems ok so far. Though not shown, the rear will need sanding down before rendering.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a couple of closer pics of the complete wall and the apex. Though not shown, the rear will need sanding down before rendering. I have used Evo-Stick glue as it is what was in the draw. It's a bit gooey but has been ok so far.

Here's a couple of closer pics of the complete wall and the apex. Though not shown, the rear will need sanding down before rendering. I have used Evo-Stick glue as it is what was in the draw. It's a bit gooey but has been ok so far.

good as that is what i have to hand!  :D

Posting went hay-wire then!! Yeah the Scaloox is a piece of preverbial to use. It suggests filing any edges off but to be honest they are that small and brittle they snap away with the press of your thumb. Then your finger is rough enough to rub the edge down. You can minipulate but's and piece's, make cut's to get a good fit. I love the stuff, brilliant for me because I havn't got a clue!!! For scale I just used a 6600 and the farmer with shotgun figure. No need to be too silly with it.

Honestly MJB1 it is really easy to use. I thought it would be well out of my league but once you lay it out for an idea it just falls together as opposed to falls apart!! TM what did you use for rendering? Didnt you find some of the square joining blocks protrude a little?

filler on the inside????, what sort Sean?

just normal pollyfiller,if you look at the pics of the second piggery i did you can see it in there,just put it on with a scrap bit of plasti card and did what i said earlier,if i remember i will put the pics up at the end of the post for you again

they did stick out  a bit,but not enough to stop a coat of the filler hiding the worst of it,i think i filed the odd one or two at most,only then because they were in obvious positions,like door ways/windows so easily seen.mj it really is easy stuff to use,just like the kidds lego really,you can't go worng,he even supplys plans with it like lego,i see he had a new tractor shed on ebay  last night

Honestly MJB1 it is really easy to use. I thought it would be well out of my league but once you lay it out for an idea it just falls together as opposed to falls apart!! TM what did you use for rendering? Didnt you find some of the square joining blocks protrude a little?

it's not just the patience 'it's the time to do it .the cost & having somewhere to do it without having to pack it away again.

After looking at some of these buildings appearing of late, I think we will be seeing some real nice model farms appearing on here in the new year.? :)

Not wrong there. Only hope my ideas turn out as good as I imagine. There are a few people chipping away at various structures. Going to be good to see how they come along.

Not wrong there. Only hope my ideas turn out as good as I imagine. There are a few people chipping away at various structures. Going to be good to see how they come along.

will be interesting!, i'm going for the skeleton look!  :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

Didnt order enough roofing sheets as you can see so building has stopped for Christmas. Will be on the phone to EMA to get some more bits and bobs in the new year then it is just a lick of paint and the Yorkshire boarding to go up. Must it sound so simple?!!! ;)

The Scaloox is coming along too having got myself another tube of glue. It will resemble an open fronted cow shed once it is finished, with 4 x 3m bays. I have the balser for the uprights but nothing sorted for the roof yet. Before it gets too heavy for itself I am thinking it should be mounted on a board really.