The beginning of my shed . .

Deere-est

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many thanks for the encouragement lads, each and everyone of you. Much appreciated. Got the wall cappings now for the short wall up to the gate post. Then it is an order from EMA for RSJ's, angle & roofing sheets for another project, some square cobble sheeting for this shed's floor and some tubing for gate's/railings etc. Hurry up PAY DAY!!!!!

If the Fordsons don't like travelling Mattias I don't mind hanging on the them for a while once they arrive  ;):D

MissiMan, thats the trouble with us lot eh, we natter on for pages and there is so much to catch up on!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the floor in place now, its EMA Square Tile, will post order number up shortly. They do proper stetts too but I couldn't decide on scale. As it happens these are a damn good match, sprayed in Cafe Noir from Halfords.

Lookin good tris, that's no shed mate it's a work of art! On the roof tile front, I made a tiled roof using 3mm ply coared with a fine layer of plaster and then etched in the tiled roof effect and painted it slate black, another paint from B&*****! The stone work looks excellent there. Looking forward to seeing the finished building ;)

Thank Garret.  :) I am working on the roof right this minute, got one side done. I've used an EMA tile effect sheet. t does look very good but it is a little expensive and the plastic is very soft. Applying too much pressure to firm a good fix distorts the plastic, even with softer glue like Evo-Stick. I am fixing it to ply first to stop any sag between the trusses. Will your pics be up in your Topic soon?

Thank Garret.  :) I am working on the roof right this minute, got one side done. I've used an EMA tile effect sheet. t does look very good but it is a little expensive and the plastic is very soft. Applying too much pressure to firm a good fix distorts the plastic, even with softer glue like Evo-Stick. I am fixing it to ply first to stop any sag between the trusses. Will your pics be up in your Topic soon?

nice work deere-est. I'm coming down the M5 later to meet TM and survey Torquay ::) ::)...can i steal it on my way down ::)

BIGGER PICS!!!! :D

Erm, in a word.. ...

Got some more pics to put in a new Topic. .... .. .and they're bigger!!! Marcus showed me how to use my camera (I've only had it since 2003!!!) so keep an eye out!!

:D :D :D :D ::)

good, the ones you emailed me before were ok....make thm around 600x400sih (go see McM's ones i posted up, and Ryks i resized for him)

Erm, in a word.. ...

Got some more pics to put in a new Topic. .... .. .and they're bigger!!! Marcus showed me how to use my camera (I've only had it since 2003!!!) so keep an eye out!!

no i didn't you showed me the camera & i went 'wow' then went 'hmmmmm...................'

:D :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

Still trickling along with this one, got the EMA profile sheets glued to the ply to keep it stiff (so thats what I need to do when I get older!!) cut and joined, ridge glued on (0.8mm styreene, scored and bent by hand). Just need to get the colours for this, add the flashing to the ends and then glue in position.

post-227-132638525219_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638525223_thumb.jpg

Yeah both painted the same way mate. As for a granite finish. ... Hammerite?? Maybe a little too shiny though actually. Will it be the same look as alll the old tin mine buildings that litter your skylines? Mine is a sand/limestone look.

Bu66er it I have pulled the sticker off, I kept it on there because I hadn't written it down. . .. I think it is MPS-15 but Smurf has used it too Im sure so he may be able to back me up on that.

SMurF any help??? ??? ???