FARM & SITE MAGAZINE subscribers please read

I have just recived a letter from oldpond publishing

and it reads like this

FARM & SITE MAGAZINE

Please accept my apologys for the fact that you have not received all

the copiys ofthe magazine for which you subscribed.As we wrote in issue 10 we passed the magazine on to another publisher.This was on the understanding that he would fulfil all the obligations to the subscribers.

In the event he has only published only one futher isue .We do not believe

he will be publishing any more than this ,leaving us in the painful position of having customers who have been let down.

We would like to offersome form of reimbursement to subscribers,preferably

without having to send out small cheques.what we are proposing is to

offer vouchers giving discounts off our other products.The value of the vouchers will increase with the number of issues not received

as follows

voucher value

1 issue due                            ?5.00

2 issues due                           ?7.50

3 issues due                           ?10.00

4 issues due                           ?12.50

This voucher may be redeemed on any of our products in stock at any time until August the 15th 2008 by post or

telephone direct to Old Pond Publishing.we enclose a current catologe and a reply paid evelope.We hope that you will feel able to accept our offer

I thik we can safely say F&S mag is Dead and Buried  :'(

Just received the same letter (and a voucher).

So Farm and Site is dead but well done Old Pond.  A gesture much appreciated by me.

Indeed, I have to agree fully with that..... Hats off to Old Pond for coughing up someone else's debt.

think my subscription ran out wiyh the last one that got published, but it's nice to see old pond looking after the people who had lost out on their subsciptions

They shouldn't have to really but just goes to show how much they value their image ;)

well i think i will splash out

on that David pullen

"Britains Model Tractors"

I have the other MF by  dave pullen  and i did have the ford/NH one somewhere  oh yea its under the leg of the pc desk taking the Rock and wonk out of the desk  :D;D ;D ;D

think my subscription ran out wiyh the last one that got published, but it's nice to see old pond looking after the people who had lost out on their subsciptions

same with me, kinda glad i didnt subscribe again! :D

i dont think its right that they are cleaning up someone else's mess, but as stated they value their image :) :) :)

Do you all know that there is a replacement now being published in place of 'Farm & Site' in September.

This new magazine is titled 'Model Tractor' and will be published quarterly. It is said that it will be available from selected newsagents and on subscription. Subscription will be ?10 a year (4 issues).

European subscription agent is Martin Smits and for Ireland, Tommy Fennelly. In mainland U.K this magazine will be distributed by 'Model Tractor' themselves.

If anyone wants more details, addresses and telephone numbers for the above contacts, look in the current tractor mags, or, I will post them up for you.

I subscribed to this magazine, with one outstanding, as others. My subscription was taken out with Old Pond, not anyone else, so I think its only fair that they pick up the pieces and I applaud them for so doing. 

I have not received a letter though ::)

Got the letter when i got home and it was a nice supprise to get anything from old pond as i don't think they are to blame for the shambles that happened with the magazine  But hats off to them for looking after the people who did invest in their publication by means of subscription and I thank them very much for the kind gesture of a ?5 gift voucher

Goes to show that there are some decent people out there who value their customers

Regards Scott M Fairbrother

PS

I do hope thyat they read these posts

Well a refund of some kind is better than nothing I suppose. Mine might be in todays post as it was not in yesterdays delivery. Many thanks to old pond for this gesture to its former subscribers  :) and it is a pity they sold the title off in the first place to a person who let a good title go down the drain  >:(

Do you all know that there is a replacement now being published in place of 'Farm & Site' in September.

This new magazine is titled 'Model Tractor' and will be published quarterly. It is said that it will be available from selected newsagents and on subscription. Subscription will be ?10 a year (4 issues).

European subscription agent is Martin Smits and for Ireland, Tommy Fennelly. In mainland U.K this magazine will be distributed by 'Model Tractor' themselves.

If anyone wants more details, addresses and telephone numbers for the above contacts, look in the current tractor mags, or, I will post them up for you.

yeah someone scanned in the advert in one of the tractor mags i'm sure they did :) :)

guys can anyone recomend a good book by old pond thats worth spending the 5 quid on??? not got any of their stuff before so dont want to waste me vouchure on a poor book do i

what about some of the dvd's they do? Massey Ferguson tractors 1956-1976 or Massey Ferguson classic tractors 1976-1986

guys can anyone recomend a good book by old pond thats worth spending the 5 quid on??? not got any of their stuff before so dont want to waste me vouchure on a poor book do i

I have the following which are all very good Sean.

Claas Chronicle Hans-Dieter Gorg

Farm Machinery Brian Bell

Fifty Years Of Farm Tractors Brian Bell

Fifty Years Of Farm Machinery Brian Bell

Ransomes Sims and Jefferies Brian Bell

I'm going to start collecting the Stuart Gibbard ones next ;) ;)