Kent contractor harvest ( Warning may contain JD )

farmernick06

Well after messing up yesterday and forgetting the camera i thought i had to redeme myself, so went to the seem them just down the road today. Today is minus a massive John Deere 8520 w. Hawe grain cart unfortunaetly but + another combine and lots more carting tractors.

Yesterday they with me inside shifted around just under 360 tons ( 12 lorry loads ), not sure about today.

There is also an article or picture atleast of this guys combines in FW this week  ;)

Unfortunaetly didn't get a ride like yesterday but hope you enjoy these pictures, shame about the distance really  :-\

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

Philadelphia girl as the boss calls her, i can't remember if it was because she looks like or sounds like on the cb the woman off of the Philadelphia advery. She was really nice

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

The smaller combine

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

And here comes Fred French with the larger combine, he has two of these and combined there cutting over 5000 acres

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

Nearly ....

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

And last but not least, my favourite picture of the day

IMG_2760.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask, any comments are warmly welcome. Hope you enjoyed a quick taste of the larger stuff in Kent ;)

Thanks Sean, yeah i know the smaller combine is a hill version not sure about the larger two. And you would be suprised, a normal combine i think would still be able to do it but just a bit sluggish, with the amount of land they're working on some is a bit steep. But it's an awesome combine flys up .. and down the hills  ;)

Thanks ever so much Mart, yeah the guy Fred French has been to know likes it big. He has been known to run Steigers, Case Steigers, at the moment he has one of those artic New Hollands so he has one hell of a fleet, but the core is certainly these little Deeres  :) :)

strange aint it, its hills as down this way, yet i only know of one hillmaster combine, a big jd???? quite newish 51 palte, thats it, most farmers make do with standard versions, and they all seem to do very well,

Hmmm strange that mate, real strange. Im not sure if he bought the hillmaster specifically, didn't ask much about it apart from it being the smallest he's got for the purpose of transport  :-\ I'll ask him about it if i see him around again  ;)

Thanks James, yeah thats wheat there harvesting. Been on wheat for the last 2 weeks, got about a 1000 acres left to do out of the 5000. I had a look earlier and i think the 9880STS or the STS model is the same as he is using. Im 90% about that one, and that would be some achievement  :D It's the Claas fans i have to win over :D :D

not seen any that size down my of kent (folkestone,canterbury,ashford way)

Nor had i to be perfectly honest Dwain, i woke up expecting the usual New Holland combine to be working all day and to see these monsters gave me a shock. But i don't think harvest on such a large scale is common here whatso ever, just this contractor has the machinery and needs everything harvested ideally before next week so speed is of essence.

Thanks 1HP, totally agree with you there they're beats of machines and thanks for the kind words  ;)

Great pics nick like the road crossing pick a gap and drive through it  :D :D :D

Mate, it nearly gave me a heart attack... im not sure they knew how much of a bank it was but they went over it and Fred went alot quicker than the first combine and the header just slammed down... luckily it was helf up by a bush but pretty dodgy stuff.  :D Had to wipe my eyes a few times .. thanks mate  :);)

Mate, it nearly gave me a heart attack... im not sure they knew how much of a bank it was but they went over it and Fred went alot quicker than the first combine and the header just slammed down... luckily it was helf up by a bush but pretty dodgy stuff.  :D Had to wipe my eyes a few times .. thanks mate  :);)

I'll bet that bloke in the golf wet himself when he seen that header coming  :D :D :D

Bet he did! I would of... i know that the John Deere 6930 was going to quickly round a blind bend and met a Mercedes sprinter, imagine a 6930 hurtling round a bend at ya  ::)

A few years ago my mate had a JD 60?? run over his bonnet on his vtr while he was going round a bend  :D :D :D :D

Nice pics Nick, more please!! ;D ;D ;D

glad you were worried when they crossed the road!, i would be! :D

Thanks alot Ben, thats the first time someones ever asked me for morepics, it's normally less  :D Thanks mate

And yeah, im certain they didn't know there was that much of a bank  :-\ Didn't want my future boss getting harmed  ;):D :D

Thnak god for the warning when I opened this up  :D :D -  looks a lot drier there than at home with filling tanks up to the brim :o

Thought some people might be in a state of shock .. i was  :D Some Massey massive members are probably still shivering under there desks asking is it safe to come out yet  :D :D And is quite dry down here but were expected a fair bit of rain over the week, some light showers yesterday, don't know if they carried on  ;)