MF 500 series combines

Belarusfan

I can't remember the last time I saw an MF combine at work, they seem really rare in Shropshire for some reason.  There was a farm near Wem that had 2 865's but they have probably gone now. I think i've got some photos of a 440 somewhere though, and a 750 - where they are I don't know though!  ???

I can't remember the last time I saw an MF combine at work, they seem really rare in Shropshire for some reason.  There was a farm near Wem that had 2 865's but they have probably gone now. I think i've got some photos of a 440 somewhere though, and a 750 - where they are I don't know though!  ???

You do have that lovely E517 and the 2 IH machines though.... :) :) :) Much more interesting ::):P

At last - any audio effects for us of the 6cyl Perkins  :P

Lovely pics and machines Chris ;)

Afriad not, there is 1 more 525 I hope to catch, will try and remember to take a video if I get it ;)

some old girls there but look's as thay have plenty of life in them yet :)

I think they'll be going for a while yet 8)

your a lucky boy to have all those grest oldies nearby to you,

I guess so, it's very varied here, other local machines include various MF Cereas, Lexion 480s, Lexion 580, etc.

It looks as if someone's came and robbed our barn of it's two working combines...... :D

Nice pictures mate......Made up for the lack of 525 pictures from myself so far...... :-[;) ;)

Some cracking pics Chris... many thanks for posting... I woner how many more years we will see these beasts of the early 80's running for...  ???

Pics like that take me back to my apprenticeship days of the early 80's - getting home black and itchy and 10pm - wash... down the pub, then back in for 7.30am to do it all again... 6 days per week - Sundays asleep all day  ;D

I agree with you though William... the sight and sound of a 515 at full pelt is hard to beat..

Eeeee..... Chris you have put a smile on my face today.... thanks mate

Nice combines and great to see them still working. Still don't think they quite have the charm of the early 400,500 amd 515's. I think the early ones with the rounded engine cover and exposed rotating radiator screen looked the best of them all.  ;):)

I did know where 1 was still used but it hasn't been out this year :(

Some cracking pics Chris... many thanks for posting... I woner how many more years we will see these beasts of the early 80's running for...  ???

Pics like that take me back to my apprenticeship days of the early 80's - getting home black and itchy and 10pm - wash... down the pub, then back in for 7.30am to do it all again... 6 days per week - Sundays asleep all day  ;D

I agree with you though William... the sight and sound of a 515 at full pelt is hard to beat..

Eeeee..... Chris you have put a smile on my face today.... thanks mate

Pleased you like them :) :) :)

I think cabs are a rather good idea ::) ::):D

Some more of them on my website:

http://www.midsuffolkagriphotos.co.uk/gallery/gp771.htm

http://www.midsuffolkagriphotos.co.uk/gallery/gp800.htm

Finally the other 525 Super II, pics from today:

IMG_4461Custom.jpg

IMG_4503Custom.jpg

IMG_4513Custom.jpg