octs classic tractor mag

well mines here just had a quick glance through and found a very intresting 3 page bit by britains about the new ford 500 7000 and 7600, all the development stages ect, one thing i have noticed was the 7000 when we saw the pre release pics, had a lot of commets about the exhaust position being wrong again ect, but the one they have pictured in real life behind it, has the exhaust in that same place????????

lots of other good reading in there to

great job rory,keep it up mate

Tractorman810

Thanks for the kind words (again). Regarding subscriptions, it is best to ring the number on the subscription page to check details. I don't get involved in that side of the business.

Glad you enjoyed the Ford 7000 piece in Collectors Corner.

Regards

Rory

Tractorman810

Thanks for the kind words (again). Regarding subscriptions, it is best to ring the number on the subscription page to check details. I don't get involved in that side of the business.

Glad you enjoyed the Ford 7000 piece in Collectors Corner.

Regards

Rory

ok mate, it must be due but had no letter as yet

Wow liked it all from the tearfull Mclast british built tractor  :( :( :(

very sad indeed another pice of british (ok and american name)

manufacturing gone down the pan

loved the write up about the Ford 7000  realy nice to get

some insight into what goes on in produceing a "classic model tractor"

cant wait to see what craig has got up his sleave for 2008-09

in the classic tractor toy releases

Hey rory have you ever thought of doing a exclusive with

RC2 like the FTF 6600 tractor  ;)

Another superb edition!

The feature on the Cooley World record was awesome. One has to wonder, though, if Rory has the hots for Caroline Hanlon  ;) He took enough pictures of her anyways!  :D

Sad to learn that the County articles are over. Hopefully there will be more to follow. The more County anoraking the better.

Pity the 7000 used for the Britains model had such a wide track. Never seen one like that in real life.

..... and a Ford 7400 in the classifieds  :o

not to mention a Fritzmeier cabbed 7000.

Keep up the good work Mr Day!

Dear SPN and Andy 5050,

Once again many thanks for the kind comments. Glad you liked the Cooley article. It cost a small fortune to put together (flights, hotels, B&B, etc for two of us) but I think it was worth it. Probably should have used some more working shots, but went for people pictures instead, mainly because it was easy taking pictures inside on the Sunday because of the weather.

End of the County articles? What gave you that idea? I am happy to report that John Hull's 'Memory Lane' series is set to run for at least another 18 months, with more great archive pictures on the way.

Regards

Rory

The memory lane articles are my particular favourites.  Even though they were mostly before I was even a twinkle, they deliver a great sense of nostalgia that arguably wont exist after the same passage of time from todays' manufacturing/selling environment.  As you have quite rightly written in the magazine, it was a time when UK agriculture flourished rather than existed as it does currently.

Rory,

Have you ever approached Oliver Walston about writing articles for the mag?

His farm diaries on the thriplowfarm website date from 1974 and give one of the best overviews of the changes in farming over the last 30 odd years. A feature on the diaries would be great in itself.

Rory - I cant believe I was airbrushed from the Cooley picture of the 3 lads on the 3000 - I was sheltering beside the 590 from the rain :D :D

Another fantstic issue that I just got yesterday - nice keyring for us Irish guys too  :P :P - is the Irish edition a new concept now ???

Dear Nashmach

Sorry to hear you just missed out on an appearance in the mag!

Glad you got the keyring. As such, this month's special Irish edition (really the same as the UK copies but just with a keyring and different cover) is a one-off. It is a special promotion we are doing to try and win back some readers that we lost when one of the distributors changed in Ireland. However, by sheer luck it has coincided with the Irish Tractor Challenege, so you get Challenge + keyring in the same issue.

Hope this explains things.

Regards

Rory

SPN, you're right about Oliver Walston, he would make a great candidate for a 'Reflections' piece.

Dear Nashmach

Sorry to hear you just missed out on an appearance in the mag!

Glad you got the keyring. As such, this month's special Irish edition (really the same as the UK copies but just with a keyring and different cover) is a one-off. It is a special promotion we are doing to try and win back some readers that we lost when one of the distributors changed in Ireland. However, by sheer luck it has coincided with the Irish Tractor Challenege, so you get Challenge + keyring in the same issue.

Hope this explains things.

Regards

Rory

SPN, you're right about Oliver Walston, he would make a great candidate for a 'Reflections' piece.

Thanks for the explanation Rory - didn't know suppliers changed as I just buy it where ever I am that week but shops seemed to be a bit slower this month getting it but that is probably due to the key ring and different cover ;)

Rory,

Have you ever approached Oliver Walston about writing articles for the mag?

His farm diaries on the thriplowfarm website date from 1974 and give one of the best overviews of the changes in farming over the last 30 odd years. A feature on the diaries would be great in itself.

Good man, been trying to think of the name of that farm for a while!  ;)

If anyone fancies having a read of the annual accounts and seeing the noticable changes of one particular farm over a number of years then have a peak here; http://www.thriplow-farms.co.uk/