country show near march cambridgeshire

toyfarmer

"ransomes sims and jeffereys traction engine powering a marshall 54 inch threshing drum"

Now THAT is something I want a model of - traction engine and thresher.  Spooky having a picture of it posted today when my husband said this very morning "What Leakey Vale needs is a threshing machine with a tractor and belt to drive it"

Traction engine kits can be bought in 1:32nd scale from Finescale models but I have not found a threshing machine of any description. 

"ransomes sims and jeffereys traction engine powering a marshall 54 inch threshing drum"

Now THAT is something I want a model of - traction engine and thresher.  Spooky having a picture of it posted today when my husband said this very morning "What Leakey Vale needs is a threshing machine with a tractor and belt to drive it"

Traction engine kits can be bought in 1:32nd scale from Finescale models but I have not found a threshing machine of any description. 

I'm sure scaledown or G and M originals do one.  ;)

I'm sure scaledown or G and M originals do one.  ;)

You are absolutely correct Scaledown kits from G&M 1949 Marshall with steel wheels ?118 or with rubber tyres ?125.  Think best beloved is about to buy Leakey Vale   me a birthday present - he has two months to save up. 

Thanks (checking the bank balance for the traction engiine)

Wondeful pics TF... how the hell did I miss this one advertised  :o

Lovely old Nuffields as well  - Gavvers will be drooling over those I'm sure  ;D

i didnt know about it either!!.....looks like all the tractor i saw at the Fenland fair last week ;) ;) ;)

SOME LOVELY OLD KIT THERE!!

I'M AMAZED YOU DIDN'T GET ANY PICTURES OF THE TANK THAT WAS THERE...... top of the field in pic 7.  ;)

Sorry for shouting.....  ::):-[

went for a ride with my son on the armoured troop carrier they also had there and afterwards he was so excited we forgot to stop and get photos

tell you what all that fuss about the blue te20 kings models did, and how it didnt look right, thats 2 we have seen at shows in a short period of time, or is it the same one ??

I think it's the same one Sean... I believe it's one of a kind that one  ;) - It's based in Suffolk... so not too far to travel to Cambridgeshire I guess  :-\

Lovely pictures. One and a half of my many favourites there.

I'd love a grey and gold Fergy, one day before the values go through the roof like most other classics are now. You can still see them advertised at fairly sensible prices for a reasonable tractor. What would make it better too would be the Ferguson Loader as seen in Markys post in the old farming literature.

I liked the 850 DB too. (This is the half, because I really want a 990.  ;) I would particularly like a red and yellow 990 Implematic as apparently they are quite rare and one of those, was the first ever new tractor I drove legally on the farm at the age of thirteen. They had a very distinctive sound to the transmission that I will never forget, and some unusual gizmo's on the hydraulics, cable operated draft control on the top link and a transport lock for the lift arms. Very compact little tractor, with loads of pulling power and very good traction. Ours was a 'C' Registration, supplied by Curtis & Co. of Lewes in East Sussex     

;):)