Britains Ford 7000 Review

FW

This came in the post yesterday morning and on seeing it in the boxed I originally wasn't overly impressed, as you can tell it all the casting as the 5000, however the real 7000's where essentially beefed-up 5000's fited with Turbo's. However when I got it out of the box and the rubbish Britains packaging methods, I began to notice there are some very nice touches gone into this model.

Thought that I'd follow up my review of the 5000, back in June with a review of the 7000, so here goes........

Fully glazed cab, to include a back window this time.

A newly designed air cleaner and not a JD 4020 either as I was expecting.

Wheel weights.

Front weight bar with weights.

'Dual Power' and 'Load Monitor' decals on the nose cone.

Correctly proportioned wheels.

A hich that can hold some implements in the air marginally.

They have also lost the sag/droop on the bonnet, as on the 5000 earlier this year.

Dislikes

Fixed front axle with too narrower front tyres.

Lack of cab detail with only steering wheel

The quality of the hitch as ever- Plastic link arms with an even more flimsy PUH.

Plastic mudguards and steps, which will not last long if it used as a toy, as with the 5000.

Overall I like this model with as I said before has many nice touches that replicate the real 7000. However as we could have expected there again there is room for improvement (or conversion, no doubt it will happen, mentioning no names...... ;)). So generally it is not perfect, but knowbody is, so I think that RC2 have had an honest go at a true classic and have done it some justice.

Could say that I am I excited about the release of the 7600's, but I think I'd be lieing, wit far too much similarity (as with the real thing), but I suppose I'll have to have one to complete the set. ;)

9/10

Firstly with her sisters........

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

And now in all her glory......... :o:-*:-*

DSC01059.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

Horrible fixed axle........ >:(:( :'(

DSC01070.jpg

Back window...... :o

DSC01064.jpg

Kind of up........

DSC01061.jpg

With some help........

DSC01063.jpg

That's your lot. Hope this review is/was of some use to you, but at about ?12, you can't really go too wrong. :);) ;)

have you had the bonnet of mate?? it doesnt look as if its pushed down properly at the front, theres a gap

its a deff improvement on the 5000 detail wise, but then i would hope it was to be honest, prob to late to do anything about the steering given the 5000 and 7000 release dates being close together,

have you had the bonnet of mate?? it doesnt look as if its pushed down properly at the front, theres a gap

its a deff improvement on the 5000 detail wise, but then i would hope it was to be honest, prob to late to do anything about the steering given the 5000 and 7000 release dates being close together,

No I havn't.....didn't notice that, soon sorted though. ;)

Good detailed review Will  ;)

On a personal scale I am delighted with it, I know its got plenty of faults but compared to the newly released 5000 RC2 have improved beyond my expectations  ;);D

Cheers Barry, and yes I agree with you 100% on that. ;):) :)

That really is a good looking tractor especially with a Superflow on the back. Chisel ploughing was what the 7000 was made to do. ;):-*:-* I just wish that Britains would have the sense to re-release the Superflow, as they fetch silly money on E bay; they wouldn't be difficult to put back in production either

I have the 7000 on my want list, but I wont be too sure about the 7600 till I see one. I'm sure it will be identical to the 7000, possibly with the right exhaust , but still in  the wrong place. Perhaps not an insurmountable problem though.

I'm not too sure about the decals, but I expect there is someone who does a more accurate one, which it can be replaced with.  ;):)

That really is a good looking tractor especially with a Superflow on the back. Chisel ploughing was what the 7000 was made to do. ;):-*:-* I just wish that Britains would have the sense to re-release the Superflow, as they fetch silly money on E bay; they wouldn't be difficult to put back in production either

I have the 7000 on my want list, but I wont be too sure about the 7600 till I see one. I'm sure it will be identical to the 7000, possibly with the right exhaust , but still in  the wrong place. Perhaps not an insurmountable problem though.

I'm not too sure about the decals, but I expect there is someone who does a more accurate one, which it can be replaced with.  ;):)

prob is they would need to rehash it other wise it devalues the items people have already collected, they even mentioned that in the ct article about the new fords, ,which is good ,