30 members have voted

1. 1. Which One??

• Grey Fergie
    • MF35

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear Kev... I bet that why she's running a little rough as well mate...

Now then... your homework...

Clean the plugs up with a bronze wire brush

Re-gap them (if they need it... I suspect they will... looks a litle wide to me)

Put that exhaust in the scrap bin... buy and install another (Original part please)

Purchase said leads from ebay.... install entire set... ONE AT A TIME  - so you don't get them mixed up  ;)

Got Penny working today. I had put the distributor on wrong!!!!

Lost all of the hydraulic oil though the spool has leaked!!! When they took the borer off they forgot to put the cap on! :'(

Also where is the filler for the hydralic oil and what should it be?

Next question. The tow hook can only be lowered if you unbolt it. Is that really the way it works? Unbolt it - drop it down - lift it up through the implement hitch and bolt up? If so that must be really difficult with an implement behind the tractor?

Got Penny working today. I had put the distributor on wrong!!!!

Lost all of the hydraulic oil though the spool has leaked!!! When they took the borer off they forgot to put the cap on! :'(

Also where is the filler for the hydralic oil and what should it be?

Next question. The tow hook can only be lowered if you unbolt it. Is that really the way it works? Unbolt it - drop it down - lift it up through the implement hitch and bolt up? If so that must be really difficult with an implement behind the tractor?

If it's an autohitch Kev it will run on the link arms..... if not.... you lift the implement... not lower the hitch mate  ;) - send us a pic of the backend and we can see whats missing...

Oil filler... see pic.... it's to the left of the gear lever... don't overtigthten it... and don't put it back on cross threaded.... oil SHOULD be DTE26.... but I'm guessing... so check it in the manual I gave you..  ;)

MF352_Page_2.jpg

Put the distributor on wrong... isn't that a numpty  :D :D

If it's an autohitch Kev it will run on the link arms..... if not.... you lift the implement... not lower the hitch mate  ;) - send us a pic of the backend and we can see whats missing...

Oil filler... see pic.... it's to the left of the gear lever... don't overtigthten it... and don't put it back on cross threaded.... oil SHOULD be DTE26.... but I'm guessing... so check it in the manual I gave you..  ;)

MF352_Page_2.jpg

Put the distributor on wrong... isn't that a numpty  :D :D

Yep give me a numpty!!! :-[:-[ I could have been rolling a field in the week if she was running!!!

Thanks for the info - I found that nut with a red ring around it, by the gear leaver when I cleaned off the gunk! Thought that might be the filler.

Unfortunately I can't find the oil specs in the workshop manual! :-[:-[

I would have thought the transmission oil should be a straight 30 grade or a universal tractor oil without the brake addative. That would suit both the hydraulics and the transmission. Thinner oils may reduce the performance of the hydraulics allowing it to leak back through the pump when it is hot.

The hydraulic trailer coupling fitting is what was known as the Exacta type coupling and larger than the similar Dowty type. Both should be self sealing, so if it leaks then it will have to be replaced. I imagine most tractor dealers will have them as an on the shelf item. Your tip pipe works off the lift arm hydraulic circuit. When the lift arms are fully raised, the oil under pressure is then fed to a trailer tip pipe.  ;)

With reference to the hitch; does it have a hook or a clevis drawbar. If it has a hook, there should be along pin with a lever on the end to help get it out. There are parts missing if it has a hook, and needs the T bar which fits on to the link arms and the axle casing where the post hole borer was fitted to. This part has a spring loaded pin on the centre leg of the T which locks the pick up hitch in the raised position. There are also two long flat bars with angled ends which go from the lift arms to the pick up hook, which raise it. Chances are if it was fitted with a pick up hitch; you will find the parts you need laying around in the pile of bits in the barn. Good luck with your tractor, it looks to be a real bargain, especially as it's so straight and original. ;):)

Er..........jus checked.............it az a ook. Get looking for the rest of it

P.S. Don't use a DTE oil in the back end.......it is a hydraulic oil, but not suitable for transmissions!! ;)

The distributor problem that caught me out!! Feel free to give me a Numpty!!

When I took the cap off it looked like this.

DSCN39382007-11-07.jpg

The bottom looked like this. With the points showing.

DSCN39392007-11-07.jpg

When I put the cap back on the rotor arm did not engage so she would not start!

Assembled properly.

DSCN39402007-11-07.jpg

New plug and HT leads!

DSCN39422007-11-07.jpg