What really PLEASED you?

JD would be a strong contender as we'd be looking at the older 10 series models, probably a 6810 or 6910 which given the reliability of our exsisting 6810 suggests we should be ok

A hot air balloon just missing my house last night. 

One minute he was looming at my patio doors and then he managed to gain a bit of height cleared my house, drifted across the road and  burning furiously rose up and over the field in front but came down in the one behind.  Poor devil didn't stand a chance - my house is not called "Hillside" for nothing and the wind was taking him the wrong way!

Farmer is not going to be pleased - the field it came down in has a lovely crop of barley on the turn

A hot air balloon just missing my house last night. 

One minute he was looming at my patio doors and then he managed to gain a bit of height cleared my house, drifted across the road and  burning furiously rose up and over the field in front but came down in the one behind.  Poor devil didn't stand a chance - my house is not called "Hillside" for nothing and the wind was taking him the wrong way!

Farmer is not going to be pleased - the field it came down in has a lovely crop of barley on the turn

he will be ok sue,if its anything like the company down here,they do very well out of it, they give any farmer 4 free flights each time they land on their  property,and he can sell them on no worrys to, but surprisingly most do actually take them for themselfs,

we had a glider come down one year right in the middle of our big wheat field, about a month before we were going to harvest, they told the guy to come back in a month and a half once it was cut and baled, as he had already put a big 25m wide 75m long hole in it, to say he wasnt happy was a understatement, but then he wouldnt give them any dosh for the lost crop, police agreed to

....we had a glider come down one year right in the middle of our big wheat field, about a month before we were going to harvest, they told the guy to come back in a month and a half once it was cut and baled, as he had already put a big 25m wide 75m long hole in it, to say he wasnt happy was a understatement, but then he wouldnt give them any dosh for the lost crop, police agreed to

I am sure they did.  Fields ARE private property and it would be a case of trespass if he went in to retrieve it. 

Apparently the guy in the balloon was in the local pub about 15 minutes after he came down, according to a neighbour who I thought was the culprit as he is a balloonist but he informed me his is turquoise and purple - a combination not easy to miss.

Good on you. Nothing like being given a bit of responsibility in a new job.

For me, seeing what our electrician has been up to today. The lounge has been wired up, not quite done yet but it is looking great!

You lot are dispe. . . dispicer. . . despicle. . . . nasty to me! :(:D

Where to Banjo?

Oh no!  Never!  You can only insult friends after all. 

Seriously being compared to a hobbit is a compliment as they are industrious and hard working folk who live their lives to the full.....

...like practical jokes, eat too much and get drunk at wild parties with disappearing hosts and explosive guests... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

...and I just love'em

You lot are dispe. . . dispicer. . . despicle. . . . nasty to me! :(:D

Where to Banjo?

near hobbit land is actually about 15 miles from mine tris,just outside tavistock , these northen guys have got no idea  have they mate  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hobbit land starts at Newbury on the M4 and goes down a left all the way to Cerins 'pointy bit' I thought  :-\

northerners :D :D where did you lot study geography to, hobbits land is central england westcountry starts from bristol across to bournemouth and down, ends at the tamar, then once over that its a different world all together, have to pay to get out its that bad, eh cerin

bit like the film deliverance ,only worse :D :D :D