What really PLEASED you?

the joys of working for bt, got my broadband sorted today, new filtered socket fitted, new data cable (from work) now back up and running at 8.1 meg, and the work test system says i should be able to get 24 meg when it comes out soon

I haven't fixed the socket you sent me but my Broadband is now down to 906Kbps!!! >:( >:(

I haven't fixed the socket you sent me but my Broadband is now down to 906Kbps!!! >:( >:(

are all the people in your street on it ;) ;) ::), that effects BT broadband doesnt it, like a knock on effect??, where as with cable its one speed constant

are all the people in your street on it ;) ;) ::), that effects BT broadband doesnt it, like a knock on effect??, where as with cable its one speed constant

no thats doesnt happen mate,infact cable does suffer from that, so we have been told by there own guys, more people online slower it gets as the mini exchanges cant cope ,there is a theritical saturation point so they say, but its never been reached yet, mine was mainly down to the internal wires(never renewed them from when i moved in)

moved the router beside the main socket, and fitted a front plate like kevs got from me, and bang, 8.1 meg

the only limiting thing to broadband is how far you are from the exchange by how the cable goes, you may only be 3 miles but the cable could go 5 miles, ,the further away you go, the slower it gets, alomst like water preassure in a pipe ,further away from the pumping station the lower it gets,thats the easiest way to describe it

no thats doesnt happen mate,infact cable does suffer from that, so we have been told by there own guys, more people online slower it gets as the mini exchanges cant cope ,there is a theritical saturation point so they say, but its never been reached yet, mine was mainly down to the internal wires(never renewed them from when i moved in)

moved the router beside the main socket, and fitted a front plate like kevs got from me, and bang, 8.1 meg

the only limiting thing to broadband is how far you are from the exchange by how the cable goes, you may only be 3 miles but the cable could go 5 miles, ,the further away you go, the slower it gets, alomst like water preassure in a pipe ,further away from the pumping station the lower it gets,thats the easiest way to describe it

Our village had broadband enabled only this year and there were lots of problems. One neighbour was told he was too far from the exchange and his house is 100 yards from it and several others were told the same thing and all are closer than I am.  I was getting 6-7MB downspeed and they were getting under 1MB. 

It turned out their ISP (BT themselves) had them all limited on the server and not enabled for MaxDSL at 8MB.  Contact your ISP and ask then to check that you are enabled for high-speed.