Two Oaks Farm. Home of JAG Contractors

Jez

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You need to consider whether you want a maize and a grass head for the new forager.  Currently you can only get a Claas 960 with a maize head.  If you go with a Norscott Claas 900 or Green Eye you can get both.  Same with the NH, not sure on the JD.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, some interesting thoughts. There is also the point that the claas is capable of doing whole crop too which is important.

It would be fairly easy to convert a norscot grass head for the siku one i expect.

Same as they did with the JD, if they had any sense they would also release a whole crop head too  ;D ;D

exactly, i cant see them missing out on the income!!!.....they always release the odd model thats not in the new releases :-\

Jd fro the green theme and the fact it has both heads, But the guy i work with runs only green tractors but claas harvesting gear, choppers, mowers, rakes,

Does the jd grass head fit on the claas? surely it must ??? ???

It might Kiwi but the Norscot PU300 is the right size for this forager.

I'm leaning towards the siku 980  ;D

Any pics of your roller door jez ???

Not yet mate. It has stumped me. Unfortunately the up rights are wider at the bottom than the top so it will take some serious thinking about.

The problem isn't noticeable but very annoying.

I think I'm going to make the door in a frame then fix it to the uprights. Pics will follow when done  ;D

I spent yesterday and this morning buiding and painting some of my workshop tools. This is the main bit of the workshop raised up on a concrete pad.

I made the cupboards from pieces of baton and put a plastid fron t on with a handle. Then painted them JD green naturally  ;D ;D

WorkshopTools002.jpg

This is my modified mig welder. I am happy with it, let me knoe what you think.

WorkshopTools003.jpg

This is the workbench with a vice from the Italeri kit. I built the bench from Plastruct because the ones in the kit arent big enough  ;D I have fitted 2 double sockets too but not wired them in:

WorkshopTools004.jpg

Finnally a few of some winter service work.

Getting the 7500 forager ready before it goes to the dealer to be replaced by a 960 Claas.

Lots being spent on the contracting side this year. I hope it pays  ??? ??? ???:-[:-[ :-[:-X :-X ;D ;D ;D

WorkshopTools010.jpg

Then getting the mowers readyto go when they are required  :D :D

WorkshopTools008.jpg