Two Oaks Farm. Home of JAG Contractors

Jez

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, amazing comments. Thanks to everyone.

Yes FB there are some channels, I can get a pic if neds be but they are just made from box section with a slot cut out.

I'm glad that makes sense now Matty, it's quite an opening but needs to be as you can see  :o

Mandy, as ever, thankyou and hope holly is coping with out my forklift driving  ;) ;) :-*:-* ::)

Thanks MDford, just needs that 3650 in there too with the modern machines to really se it off  :);) ;)

Cheers Renault  ;)

It looks the bor licks mate. Nice how you can roll the door up part way and pin it there so it does't go slack on the roller or slide back down again. I can't ewait for my farm to head up a few more decades so I can build things liket his  ;D

looks very very good mate  :)

let me get this right ,

the card is in side rails , & then attatched to the bar with holes to pin it in position  but to open the door the bar has to be removed from the pins to be opperated ?

not that it really matters jez ,it still looks very effective,& realistic :) :)

looks very very good mate  :)

let me get this right ,

the card is in side rails , & then attatched to the bar with holes to pin it in position  but to open the door the bar has to be removed from the pins to be opperated ?

not that it really matters jez ,it still looks very effective,& realistic :) :)

Yes MJB i have used small corrugated card. The bar at the top is fixed into the beam not onto the roller but it would work either way like you suggested.

The only reason for the brass box section is to stop it bending when it is all rolled up and looking open.

Any questions, fire away and i'll get some better pics. Failing that I hope to send or take it to spalding and eventually have my whole set up there, possibly next to Tris' for a nice past / present set up.

A small up date, some more to come tommorrow morning.

I have fitted the trunking for the wires for the welder today and added some detail to the welding table.

Looks a bit more used now  ;) ;)

Tommorrow: A few more safety signs and the junction box for the workshop  ;)

WorkShopUpdate032.jpg

As MDFord said, we had a visit from the local H&S man last week. I needed some more safety signs around and he also said I need some welding screens so anyone walking into the workshop won't get "arc eye".

I used some clear plastic sheets painted red. If you hold them up to the light they are see through but not that clear in the pics. I might get some red lens covering sheets and make some more.

Also got the junction box wired in and the warning sign nexxt to it  ;) ;)

AAAAAAAAAAnyway, here are the pics:

WorkShopUpdate041.jpg

WorkShopUpdate043.jpg

As you can see I have got a worker inside finally.

I took him from the 7430 and rested him on my heater then bent and straightened his legs so he stands up.

I like him as he has JD overalls on, they are standard issue for any JAG staff  :D :D :D8) 8) ;) ;)

The last couple are of the Junction Box and an overall shot.

Enjoy  ;) ;) ;):D :D

WorkShopUpdate038.jpg

WorkShopUpdate040.jpg

brillant Jez, just brillant  ;):) :)

Thanks Blake  ;) ;) ;)

I just looooooooooooooooooooove this post - Two Oaks is just amazing and love the latest pics. Who's the figure by darling ???

Thank you mandy, things are going well since leaving Holly's Farm  ;) ;)

The figure is one of the siku tractor drivers, I melted his legs and straightened them,

I am after some mroe JD drivers but I think you can only order them in a pack of 6.

If anyone can help then PM me.  ;) ;)