Two Oaks Farm. Home of JAG Contractors

Jez

very nice again Jez!!!!, love the tools etc.!!!.....just PM'd Graham about some of mine, and tris is working on the others! :D :D :D

let me know how the door goes ;)

I have had  a look today and the card board is pretty thick to bend and try and roll. I think it will work but we will see.

I am off for a week now so will not be online till next weekend.

Again, thanks for the comments. See you all at spalding I hope !!! ;) ;) ;)

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome detailing Jez :o an outstanding bit of work you've done there :)

Must be the tidiest workshop on the planet though :D

How come the oxy acetylene bottles aren't burgandy( :-\) and black though :-\

i think we had a discussion about this a while back ??? ???, i think it was Tris who asked the same question ??? ???

cant remember the outcome ???:-\

The outcome was. .. . I paint mine burgandy and black  :D :D :D

I did ask the question for what colour they should be and I came up with these. . (The white top is a new idea for this set, my mate had a bottle like that for his oxy-ace set in their workshop).

post-227-132638701105_thumb.jpg

JEZ!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

The workshop is phenomenal!!! It oozes quality, accuracy and lot's of thought. The photo's I am sure do it lots of justice but to to really be appreciated I am sure it has to be seen. You must have this a Spalding. If it doesn't go on the Forum stand it must go as a show piece for a trader (Any traders interested?!!) to show off their conversions or something? I think from last year the competition in farm model dioramas really got going on here as regards to the UK. We have all seen the Euro guys doing their stuff and showing off highly skilled workmanship but for me, your workshop tops most I have seen via other forums, links, google etc. If the rest of your layout follows the lead your workshop has set. .. Hold on guys!!

looks good jez , but errr, untill the door works it's not a door,i'll just say thats a great tin wall   :D :D  i  think trying to get it to roll will test your patience but be very worthwhile , will be great if you manage to get it to happen :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!!!!  :o :o :o :o

I would not of expected to get this response from a few posters and a bit of an update.

I am very proud yes how it has turned out. I knoda forget that it started life as an mdf board and a few bits of plastic.

In terms of some answers:

Murray, the posters are a page or so back. I took a snap shot of my screen then scaled it down to maintain the image quality.

Thanks for the comments graham and I really hope to have it at spalding.

In terms of the door (or great metal wall as MJB1 says  ;) ) the roling action will be extremely difficult to achieve with the card board but I will try my best sir!  :D;)

And tris, who could forget little old tris. Thanks for the comments mate, I really appreciate them, I just hope that it doesnt let you downa nd dissapoint!  :D;)

And finnally, the oxy acetylene bottles that I copied were from memory at college and I remember ours being a dark green in colour.

I hope they don't look out of place and am sure they will be ok.

Few updates to come:

Roof finnishing, Door Manufacture and wire in the welder and try and get some 1/32 scale furniture

Anyone help with the furniture? It will save me takign some of Tris' sofas and chairs.

Maybe Mandy and Holly can help???

Thanks again, happy Jez here  ;D ;D ;D:) :) :) :) 8) 8)

I havn't got a pic of any but my model shop had some in when I was there last. Keep eying them up myself for future use. I'll see if I can get over there on Saturday and I'll buy them, if they arn't any good for you I'll keep them for myself.

Thanks Guys,

Graham in the posts above is to thank for the hot bird.

I scaled the posters down on my screen using screen snapshots, (shift key and then Prnt Screen)

They are in the previous pages .

Graham, I like that idea mate, I will look at mine again and see if they can help.

Thanks for taking the time.  ;) ;)

http://www.ior.org.uk/ior_/images/pdf/se/New%20Colour%20ID%20Chart.pdf

Just read through the post and remember when I got a new argon cylinder for the TIG welding set that the colours had changed and I found the above link that shows that all the colours have changed in line with EU regulations.

Tris has the right colours for the cylinders.

Apart from that little point the workshop is great, the amount of detail is breath taking.