Two Oaks Farm. Home of JAG Contractors

Jez

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, i'm new here!Nice work and bucket, i just love it!But what is the underground?

Hi, welcome to the forum, I like your user name  :D :D

It's cement powder and railway ballast mixed together abut ballast 60 : 40 cement powder.

It will eventually be an small arable unit, feed barley etc / simple rotation etc with about 40 suckler cattle but i'm no stockman so will need some adcice on that one, e.g how big a shed for 40 cows needs to be and the type of systems you can use, e.g, how many months indoors and out?

Any help, post it here or PM me 

Oh yeah and a small bit of contracting on the sidelines

well jez what do you want spring calfing, autum calfing or just all year round  ???

shed size a 60ft by 30ft should be aducate, if your a spring calfer you put the cow and calf out to a feild one day later so

you will need some were to keep 3/4 cows and calfs for a day, if your a autum you will either need to divide the cow house so you can put cows and calfs inside again until the spring or have another shed, and if you want to finish the calf for slaughter you will need another shed for store cattle (1 year old) and the finishing cattle (aprox 24 months old give or take) then you will need some were to handle and load cattle.

hope this helps a bit  :-\ its alot of sheds  :D

hope this helps a bit  :-\ its alot of sheds  :D

Yeah brilliant CJ Thanks, I need something to keep my guys busy in the winter besides cutting hedges!!  ;)

jez i thought your farm was mostly contracting first then a wee bit of self farming :-\

It will be mate, the 3350 will be the 'home' tracotr looking after all things at home, that wil be dads tractor and he wil be in charge of the cattle and farm bits while I run the contracting side  ;) ;)

nice job jez ;) them plastruct h-irons look excellent! ;)

Thanks Rab  :D

That's going to be one hell of a shed when finished Jez, a big one with that. I must try building with some of that plastruct it looks good ;)

I thought that was what you used Garret ???  ???

The new shed is looking good jez.

Cannot wait to see the whole thing when it is finished.

Thanks mate it will be a while yet  :D :D

great start to your new shed, the hardcore looks brilliant

Thankyou mate, it needs some PVA glue to firm it up.

Thanks for all the comments guys, really appreciate it!!!

I built this gate tonight, she's about 12 feet wide or so.

What do you think? I used plastruct for the uprights and brass rods for the cross parts, quite heavy.

I made the hinges from a paper clit clip  :-[:-[ :-[ and drilled a hole to make the gate hinges. The same for the clapping post and catch  ;)

MachineryShed034.jpg

MachineryShed035.jpg

MachineryShed033.jpg

MachineryShed032.jpg

That gate certainly does look spot on Jez :)

Thanks for all the comments guys, really appreciate it!!!

I built this gate tonight, she's about 12 feet wide or so.

What do you think? I used plastruct for the uprights and brass rods for the cross parts, quite heavy.

I made the hinges from a paper clit and rilled a hole to make the gate hinges. The same for the clapping post and catch  ;)

Think you better check your spelling of paper clip mate :D

is there no end to your talent Jez? I hope when I do my farm set up it comes up half as good as any of the displays on here

Thankyou kind sir  :D :D :D

Sure yours will be but don't be too inclined to copy too much here, use it for hints and tips and put your own take on yours ;) ;)

i cant see it at work  >:( >:(....i'll take peoples word for it! ;D

I await your critical analysis mate  :D :D

:-*  Good to see you have the 1-32 scale converter machine up and running jez, that is some stunning work the detail is supper, spot on

Not following mate??? Thanks for the compliments mate  ;) ;)